Username: Password:

Author Topic: Handgun transfer to California  (Read 287 times)

rjinaz86323

Handgun transfer to California
« on: May 09, 2021, 09:40:52 pm »
Are there any FFL's in the Prescott area that will do a transfer of a 1934 22 revolver to an FFL in California?

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

289ace

Re: Handgun transfer to California
    « Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 05:15:32 am »
    Can the person receiving a the revolver in Cal find an FFL that will receive from a private party? My understanding is the law requires it be processed by an FFL in Cal, but it doesn't require it to be sent by an FFL. What part of the state is it going to?

I'll check with a couple of Local (Prescott) FFLs that I know to see if they would do it or know of any one who would. They are both very busy right now with consignments and may not have the time.

rjinaz86323

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 07:12:01 am »
    thx.  I have the buyer checking to see if his FFL will accept from and non-FFL.  But it would be easier and probably cheaper if I can find and FFL on this end.  Otherwise I have to ship overnight which is $$$

289ace

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2021, 06:45:49 am »
    I checked with the FFLs I know and one said he might be able to help out, but not for a couple of weeks. The main issue is FFLs need to be registered with Cal DOJ in order to send anything to a Cal FFL, and most don't want anything to do with the Cal DOJ. Both said it is much easier for a private individual to send it provided the receiving FFL will accept it from an individual.

The FFL that said he might be able to help will let me know when he has some free time.

rjinaz86323

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021, 02:12:03 pm »
    All is good.  I found out Tombstone Tactical in Chino Valley will ship to California.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement