Username: Password:

Author Topic: Finding ammo  (Read 1075 times)

AZDTC

Re: Finding ammo
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2021, 09:50:18 pm »
Nope...  I mean $45 (after tax) for 50 rounds.
Why you ask?
Because my usual places had no ammo and I needed to stock back up a bit.

Where did you get S&B?

Woah buddy! Buy online! That’s crazy pricing now!
Unless you got hst’s or something?

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

GTGallop

• N5MKH
    • Administrator
      • QRZ - N5MKH
    « Reply #26 on: July 20, 2021, 05:40:51 am »
    It's brass cased Match Grade Round Nose and I walked out the door with it.

Looking online, Tul-Ammo is $17.50
    Shipping is                            $12.95
    Tax is                                      $1.10
    TOTAL                                    $31.55
    CPR                                          63.1¢

My CPR was about 86.0¢

Not remarkably cheaper especially when you consider the difference in quality.  Do I need or want Match Grade?  Nah.  Not hardly.  Would I rather have cheap range ammo? Sure.
    But trying to keep apples to apples, Match Grade ammo online starts at $26.99 and looking at brass cased range ammo starts around $21.00 so when you factor in shipping, it all works out to be about the same.  The only time it gets cheaper, materially cheaper, is when you start ordering hundreds of rounds in an Ammo Can.

Wolf Ammo up the road in Prescott at J&G Sales (1000rnds) is $319.90
    Tax is about                                                                                 $31.91
    Shipping - I drive to Prescott once a month if not more any way  $0.00
    Total                                                                                           $351.89
    CPR                                                                                                35.189¢

So the moral of the story is buy in bulk.

The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.
    Once we, as a society, lose that affinity, we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

https://www.qrz.com/db/n5mkh

289ace

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2021, 07:36:50 am »
    The local CalRanch in Prescott has recently had some good prices on ammo, but the selection has been very limited. For 9mm I picked up brass case (Aguila I think) for .37/rd pre tax. They do limit purchases to 2 std boxes or 1 bulk pack per day so one can't really restock through them.
    For major restocking, I order from SGammo and they currently have many offerings of 9mm in brass for under .50/rd. As GTGallup says, order in bulk to amortize the shipping and the per round price is still pretty low. The orders from SG usually arrive in about a week.

AZDTC

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2021, 11:22:54 am »
    Bass pro in Mesa has so much ammo right now. Every caliber you can think of. The prices however have crept up from reasonable to way up there.

wayneguerin

• Lurker
    « Reply #29 on: July 28, 2021, 02:15:37 am »

SupportThe2nd

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

KingGlamis

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2021, 06:23:53 pm »
    I go to several gun stores every weekend and while most of them have ammo now it is all way overpriced, more than double what it should be.

I still look on www.ammoseek.com for most of my ammo purchases. I just bought some 45-70, try finding 45-70 around town. Good luck.

I know 223 and 7.62x39 are back to "normal" prices at a lot of the online retailers. 9mm too for the most part.
    I consider owning and shooting guns to be a fun hobby. That could also save my life or the lives of others.

SupportThe2nd

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2021, 06:55:39 am »
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement