Username: Password:

Author Topic: Foxtrot Mike  (Read 3093 times)

Mr. Nobody

• #FJB
  • Contributor
Foxtrot Mike
« on: July 16, 2021, 10:12:15 am »
So I'm curious if anyone has a model of these guns, ever seen one in person, or shot one... and of course what you think of it.

These seem interesting and could make for a handy little PCC HD gun, car gun, or just all around fun gun. I'd be looking at a 9mm model since all my semis are now 9mm Glocks and that's what I'm sticking with going forward. Oh these models use Glock mags but you can get a Colt model as well for use with their mags I've read.

https://fm-products.com/fm-7-glock-style-side-charging-9mm-ar-pistol-sba3-brace/

They can be had in AR Pistol style all the way up to rifle styles.

They're also almost all made in house, good reviews out there, and AFFORDABLE.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 10:15:17 am by Mr. Nobody »
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."
- George Carlin

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

AZDTC

Re: Foxtrot Mike
    « Reply #1 on: July 16, 2021, 10:23:16 am »
    I owned one for 6 months last year. Wasn’t the best “pistol”. I had issues with it straight out of the box. Buffer was too heavy and the extractor broke on my first range trip.

Your mileage may vary. Got a buddy with one and he must have put 10k rounds through it by now with very few issues.

Replacing stuff on a 9mm AR can be annoying since there’s no real standard to the 9mm platform.

You said it best though, they’re not expensive and you might get one that just plain works. AND for a home defense gun, you’re not going to blow your ears out completely compared to something in 5.56 if you need to use it.

Mr. Nobody

• #FJB
    • Contributor
    « Reply #2 on: July 16, 2021, 10:51:45 am »
    Good to know on some QC issues perhaps or just a lemon for yours. Sorry to hear it.

Thank you!

That's what I figured as well on the 9mm vs 5.56 if fired indoors.

I'm also eyeing the CZ Scorpion as a contender (obviously more $$$) and the Ruger PCC with the free-floating handguards look nice as well and about the same as a FM.

The 9mm PCC guns are alluring because they'd be light recoil, less noise, less cost for ammo, and I imagine fun to blast with.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
    ― Mark Twain

- George Carlin

870policemag

• Administrator
    « Reply #3 on: July 16, 2021, 11:05:12 am »
    I've transferred several of these but haven't really heard anything about them. We've got a Ruger PC takedown and a G17 Patter Kel tec Sub-2000. I've really been eyeballing the Kel tec because of the 20 or so G17 mags I have laying around.

Those Extar polymer PCC ARs look pretty neat as well.

Bullets are the only things that do their job only after they're fired.

Mr. Nobody

• #FJB
    • Contributor
    « Reply #4 on: July 16, 2021, 01:34:53 pm »
    I've transferred several of these but haven't really heard anything about them. We've got a Ruger PC takedown and a G17 Patter Kel tec Sub-2000. I've really been eyeballing the Kel tec because of the 20 or so G17 mags I have laying around.

Those Extar polymer PCC ARs look pretty neat as well.

Thank you for the recommendation and I'll check them out as well.

I haven't hit the buying stage just yet, more so stacking dollars and looking so at least I got a little time to think and do more research.
    ― Mark Twain

- George Carlin

PogoJack

• Contributor
    • ἐρεῖ τῷ κυρίῳ ἀντιλήμπτωρ μου εἶ καὶ καταφυγή μου
    « Reply #5 on: July 19, 2021, 04:28:02 pm »
    I almost got a Foxtrot Mike, then I started watching some videos on the Extar EP9

Extar are made in AZ (Lake Havasu) and are neat little PDWs with familiar controls and for $450. They go in and out of stock but they can notify you when they are in stock.  They are in stock as of today.

Got one that I've yet to shoot. Half tempted to put a binary on it.  :)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    « Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 04:31:12 pm by PogoJack »

brandyspaw

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #6 on: July 20, 2021, 09:30:52 am »
    I almost got a Foxtrot Mike, then I started watching some videos on the Extar EP9

Extar are made in AZ (Lake Havasu) and are neat little PDWs with familiar controls and for $450. They go in and out of stock but they can notify you when they are in stock.  They are in stock as of today.

Just a heads up-I was interested in one of these but held off as I found the newer Extar EP9 production uses a sort of proprietary buffer tube.  A regular AR buffer tube won't interchange if you want to use an adjustable type pistol brace like the SB3 brace or want to SBR it with a regular stock.  I'm not sure when Extar changed the buffer tube design on the newer models but only older production can have the buffer tube changed out.  That might not be a concern for some but its a deal killer for me.
    "When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    Thomas Jefferson

"Most of my money has gone for guns, cars and guitars.  The rest I just wasted."

PogoJack

• Contributor
    • ἐρεῖ τῷ κυρίῳ ἀντιλήμπτωρ μου εἶ καὶ καταφυγή μου
    « Reply #7 on: July 20, 2021, 02:08:16 pm »
    Just a heads up-I was interested in one of these but held off as I found the newer Extar EP9 production uses a sort of proprietary buffer tube.  A regular AR buffer tube won't interchange if you want to use an adjustable type pistol brace like the SB3 brace or want to SBR it with a regular stock.  I'm not sure when Extar changed the buffer tube design on the newer models but only older production can have the buffer tube changed out.  That might not be a concern for some but its a deal killer for me.

Fair point. There is a supposed fix for it, but it adds a significant percentage to the price of the pistol.

https://farrow.tech/extar-ep9-buffer-tube-adapter/

For that money, the Foxtrot Mike looks great. One thing I noticed is that they seem to have some specific models for different retailers. I wonder what the difference is?

Mr. Nobody

• #FJB
    • Contributor
    « Reply #8 on: July 20, 2021, 02:39:18 pm »

Got one that I've yet to shoot. Half tempted to put a binary on it.  :)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info! :thumbup

Good to know and appreciated. :-)
    ― Mark Twain

- George Carlin

iflyskyhigh

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2021, 02:44:46 pm »
    I have the 16” side charger FM upper.

Runs flawlessly on both my PSA and FM Lowers.

Eats every hand load I’ve thrown at it.

PSA lower is my custom job but the FM lower was a a complete premium lower from Rainer Arms.

I also have a custom built 5.5” TROS USA 3 lug upper that I run suppressed. Runs well in both lowers.

I have a sample size of 2, but both FM products I have are top notch well built items.
    The Constitution is a "Gun Free Zone" sign for conservatives

Mr. Nobody

• #FJB
    • Contributor
    « Reply #10 on: July 20, 2021, 02:46:26 pm »
    I have the 16” side charger FM upper.

Runs flawlessly on both my PSA and FM Lowers.

Eats every hand load I’ve thrown at it.

PSA lower is my custom job but the FM lower was a a complete premium lower from Rainer Arms.

I also have a custom built 5.5” TROS USA 3 lug upper that I run suppressed. Runs well in both lowers.

I have a sample size of 2, but both FM products I have are top notch well built items.

Thank you! Much appreciated. :thumbsup

Part of the draw is wanting something that runs on Glock mags cause you can find them anywhere and I have plenty.
    ― Mark Twain

- George Carlin

JarheadAZ

• Contributor
      • Greg Langelius *
    « Reply #11 on: July 20, 2021, 03:22:01 pm »
    I really prefer my Ruger PC Carbine 9mm. It come with a SR-Series™ or Security-9® pistol magazine, but has swappable mag well adapters and comes with two, the second one is for the Glock.

https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/specSheets/19100.html

They make a third for their own Ruger American Pistol 9, and since that's my pistol, I have the well installed (from Brownell's) and 10 17rd mags to serve both guns.

It's a tight grouper at 100yd, amazed the poop right outta me with that.

Shoot one, you'll love it. It's not a pistol and has some heft, but that keeps it right on target offhand, and I love it. No perceptible recoil; its stays right on.

They also have other versions.

https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/models.html

Greg
    « Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 03:28:55 pm by JarheadAZ »
    Not lookin' to be in a gunfight, but if you find yourself mixed up in one, it might be kinda nice to have a gun...

"Faint heart never filled a flush" - Brett Maverick

Good marksmanship is no accident - JarheadNY

iflyskyhigh

Foxtrot Mike
    « Reply #12 on: July 20, 2021, 04:10:26 pm »
    Thank you! Much appreciated. :thumbsup

Part of the draw is wanting something that runs on Glock mags cause you can find them anywhere and I have plenty.

Glock big sticks are plentiful, even in the current environment. And relatively cheap.

I’ve run Glock, ETS, and Magpul mags. All worked flawlessly.

FM recommends ammo at 1100 FPS for reliable functioning.

But I’ve run it with all my reloads with zero malfunctions to date.

My 147’s are just under 900 FPS, 124’s are around 1046 FPS, and 115’s are 1140 FPS.  All those speeds are from a G17, so obviously little faster in a 16” barrel.

I’ve shot coated lead, FMJs, JHPs.

The 115 coated lead RN are one ragged hole offhand at 15 yards. I zero my PCCs just like my red dot pistols. 12 yard zero.

FM says steel cases void warranty.
    The Constitution is a "Gun Free Zone" sign for conservatives

JarheadAZ

• Contributor
      • Greg Langelius *
    « Reply #13 on: July 21, 2021, 09:37:43 am »
    Note, Carbines need a full (not magnum) speed bullet, some issues with bore drag. I'm getting ready to load up a bunch of 44 Rem Mag, and I have to keep the velocity range up near the top for the carbine.

Greg
    Not lookin' to be in a gunfight, but if you find yourself mixed up in one, it might be kinda nice to have a gun...

Mr. Nobody

• #FJB
    • Contributor
    « Reply #14 on: July 22, 2021, 08:41:40 am »
    I really prefer my Ruger PC Carbine 9mm. It come with a SR-Series™ or Security-9® pistol magazine, but has swappable mag well adapters and comes with two, the second one is for the Glock.

https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/specSheets/19100.html

They make a third for their own Ruger American Pistol 9, and since that's my pistol, I have the well installed (from Brownell's) and 10 17rd mags to serve both guns.

It's a tight grouper at 100yd, amazed the poop right outta me with that.

Shoot one, you'll love it. It's not a pistol and has some heft, but that keeps it right on target offhand, and I love it. No perceptible recoil; its stays right on.

They also have other versions.

https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/models.html

Greg

Thank you, Greg. That's one of the other models I'm interested in as well just with the free float handguard maybe. I like they can break down in half. Also cost is about the same. Might be a little less even as prices come back to earth.

Glock big sticks are plentiful, even in the current environment. And relatively cheap.

I’ve run Glock, ETS, and Magpul mags. All worked flawlessly.

FM recommends ammo at 1100 FPS for reliable functioning.

But I’ve run it with all my reloads with zero malfunctions to date.

My 147’s are just under 900 FPS, 124’s are around 1046 FPS, and 115’s are 1140 FPS.  All those speeds are from a G17, so obviously little faster in a 16” barrel.

I’ve shot coated lead, FMJs, JHPs.

The 115 coated lead RN are one ragged hole offhand at 15 yards. I zero my PCCs just like my red dot pistols. 12 yard zero.

FM says steel cases void warranty.

I agree and have a few fun sticks around. Gotta buy more. Never know when the zombie apocalypse might kick off. Haha.

Thank you. That is definitely a good recommendation and good info to know it runs with all weights as well of 9 mm.
    ― Mark Twain

- George Carlin

JarheadAZ

• Contributor
      • Greg Langelius *
    « Reply #15 on: July 22, 2021, 10:14:27 am »
    My only complaint is LOP. The PCC has "Industry Standard" LOP which is nearly 3" too short for me. I am 6' 4". But it also comes with some stock pad spacers, still not enough for me, but for someone else....

I have to take the spacers out in order to get it into my rifle/radios sling pack, and they require longer mounting screws. All very minor issues, really.

sparx

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2021, 09:02:14 am »
    Has anyone ever seen a seen a stranger looking gun than  Ruger PC Carbine 9mm?

I decided on a PSA  ARV 8", have not fired it as yet though.
    sparx

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    « Reply #17 on: August 22, 2021, 01:30:37 pm »
    Umm .  .  .  have you ever seen a California compliant AR pattern rifle?   :coffee
    " A republic, if you can keep it. "
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

GTGallop

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2021, 06:43:13 am »

They look like a birth defect.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement