Username: Password:

Author Topic: Small Portable Solar Power Station. GoLABS R150.  (Read 339 times)

TNFrank61

• Contributor
Small Portable Solar Power Station. GoLABS R150.
« on: July 21, 2021, 02:19:17 pm »
If you need to recharge things like phones, tablets or even a laptop while you're on the go this may be just the thing you're looking for.  At 150 watts with a 204Wh LiFePo4 battery you've got more than enough power for your devices and you can even run smaller A/C devices via the 110v A/C port. Anyway, thanks for watching. TN.Frank Out.

Luke 22:36 (NIV)
36 He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one."

"The Second Amendment of our Bill of Rights is my Concealed Weapons Permit, period."
- Ted Nugent

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

AZDTC

Re: Small Portable Solar Power Station. GoLABS R150.
    « Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 03:25:46 pm »
    Thats a neat little unit. Have you had chance to see how long it takes to charge it from empty using your solar panel?

GTGallop

• N5MKH
    • Administrator
      • QRZ - N5MKH
    « Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 05:20:33 pm »
    You mentioned the light going into SOS mode...
    Has anyone been rescued from any blinking light flashing SOS from one of these pre-programmed lights before?  Doesn't have to be this particular one - any SOS enabled flashlight will do.

Reason I ask is I still think it is a neat feature and I thought that by now, as prevalent as they are we'd be finding people all over with the SOS beacons that have been added to EVERYTHING.  But nope!
    The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.
    Once we, as a society, lose that affinity, we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

https://www.qrz.com/db/n5mkh

TNFrank61

• Contributor
    « Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 06:24:40 pm »
    LOL, I don't think anyone but us "Old Guys" know what ...---... is anymore. It came at about an 80% charge, I charged it using the A/C adapter(better for the unit to charge it the first couple times with a stable power source) but once it's used a couple times I'll hook it to my 120w/18v panel and see just how long it'll take. Shouldn't take too long though since it's only a 204Wh battery so 3 or 4 hours on a good sunny day should be enough.
     Can't wait to get my other two units so we can give them a look.  I'll try to get my solar panel video done tomorrow if I get time. :thumbup
    36 He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one."

"The Second Amendment of our Bill of Rights is my Concealed Weapons Permit, period."
    - Ted Nugent

TNFrank61

• Contributor
    « Reply #4 on: September 14, 2021, 09:25:59 am »

- Ted Nugent

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    « Reply #5 on: September 14, 2021, 11:24:11 am »
    Most personal locator beacons have come with a strobe light for many years.  The S.O.S. function is nice but as TnFrank61 pointed out - a lot of folks don't know even basic Morse code anymore. 

The strobe is more visible at a greater distance and in more conditions in any event.  Sometimes all that was carried was the strobe light before satellite communications.  They were considered faster to deploy, more directional and much safer than signal fires or other ground based signals. 

New tech is OK as far as it goes but the tried and true older stuff has been tested, refined and retested over many years of real world use and that is worth a lot when your ass is on the line.  IMO.   :coffee
    " A republic, if you can keep it. "
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

Iocona

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2021, 06:35:40 pm »

When Coelcanth was young, tried and true, techniques were a bit different.

JK357

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2021, 08:07:25 pm »
     :rotfl :rotfl

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    « Reply #8 on: September 14, 2021, 09:00:24 pm »
    That picture is incorrect.  When I was young the "birds" didn't have feathers.  Yet.    ;-)
    " A republic, if you can keep it. "
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement