Username: Password:

Author Topic: Where do I go in AZ to get muzzle loading ammunition  (Read 275 times)

firewater forge

• "Who dares, wins" -SAS Motto
Where do I go in AZ to get muzzle loading ammunition
« on: July 21, 2021, 07:56:59 pm »
If anyone can suggest a brick and mortar source for muzzle loading supplies. Specifically looking for lead balls of various sizes and percussion caps.
"So prove yourselves cautious as serpents and yet innocent as doves"- Matthew 10:16 (second half)

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

arizona

Re: Where do I go in AZ to get muzzle loading ammunition
    « Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 08:06:10 pm »
    Usually Sportsmans is my go-to. But almost anywhere I’ve been that sells reloading stuff tends to have black powder supplies.

firewater forge

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 08:17:31 pm »
    Usually Sportsmans is my go-to. But almost anywhere I’ve been that sells reloading stuff tends to have black powder supplies.

No, I went to Sportsman's Warehouse, Cabelas and Basspro. Nothing they have comes close, but thanks for the response.
    "So prove yourselves cautious as serpents and yet innocent as doves"- Matthew 10:16 (second half)

tunnug

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 08:19:47 pm »
    In Tucson my go to place is Thunderstick Trading.
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/thunderstick-trading-tucson

armoredman

• Contributor
    « Reply #4 on: July 21, 2021, 09:17:57 pm »
    You can also order in from MidwayUSA if you want to go that route. When I was on the hunt for cap and powder I ended up buying most of it online. Even caps sold out fast. I HAVE seen magnum caps at Legendary Guns, some powder too, but I don't remember what type/brand.
    Edit to add, what balls are you looking for?
    « Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 09:27:12 pm by armoredman »

firewater forge

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2021, 12:15:08 am »
    You can also order in from MidwayUSA if you want to go that route. When I was on the hunt for cap and powder I ended up buying most of it online. Even caps sold out fast. I HAVE seen magnum caps at Legendary Guns, some powder too, but I don't remember what type/brand.
    Edit to add, what balls are you looking for?
    .485 but cannot seem to find them anywhere.

arizona

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2021, 09:47:32 am »
    thanks for the response.

No worries, didn’t know you were after a somewhat unusual size. I haven’t seen hardly any caps in months but those I’ve seen have been Thunderstick in Tucson. Powder has been dicey too. Haven’t seen Pyrodex in some time now.

Track of the wolf would be my next best guess after Midway, Grafs, etc. Or buy a Lee mold if they make one.

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    « Reply #7 on: July 22, 2021, 03:44:53 pm »
    Bear Mountain out on Southern Ave. in Mesa used to be my "go to" place but I haven't been there in the last year or so and have no idea what they currently stock - if anything. 
    " A republic, if you can keep it. "
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

RJ

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2021, 05:23:00 pm »
    might try Brunos up by deer valley airport, not sure he does black powder type stuff, worth a try, or a call
    good luck
    rj

i;'lll sort thru some stuff and see if i can find some of my stuff you could try, probably take me the weekend, as i'm not sure where i hid it :'( :blink
    rj

firewater forge

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2021, 06:51:32 pm »
    might try Brunos up by deer valley airport, not sure he does black powder type stuff, worth a try, or a call
    good luck
    rj

i;'lll sort thru some stuff and see if i can find some of my stuff you could try, probably take me the weekend, as i'm not sure where i hid it :'( :blink
    rj

If I could buy some off you that would be great!

RJ

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2021, 07:17:45 pm »
    i'll dig around here this weekend, and if its not here its at my pals place in showlow, so might be a while. i'll reach out to him and have him look in the stash box at his abode

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement