Username: Password:

Author Topic: 12 GA Target/Birdshot  (Read 932 times)

Mr. Nobody

• 🇺🇸FJB🇺🇸
  • Contributor
12 GA Target/Birdshot
« on: August 07, 2021, 05:42:58 pm »
Anyone seen any of the 100 round packs of Federal or Winchester (Federal preferred but it's tough to find any so I'm flexible) at your local Walmarts in the Phoenix area?

Looking to pick a couple up if I could find any but it's been a PITA. 🤬 the website won't even bring up ammo anymore...

I've been around for work and will check some but haven't seen any.

Any help is appreciated.

Secondly is if anyone knows any shops that have some 00 Buck for a reasonable price.

Thanks in advance!
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."
- George Carlin

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

DEFUND WELFARE

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

AZDTC

Re: 12 GA Target/Birdshot
    « Reply #1 on: August 07, 2021, 05:51:57 pm »
    Bass pro mesa had 100 packs for $35. I was there an hour ago. Maybe 10 on the shelf?

AZDTC

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2021, 05:52:41 pm »
    Oh and they had plenty of buck. Federal was about $8

Marx-ism's

• Administrator
    • Why a duck?
    « Reply #3 on: August 07, 2021, 06:28:51 pm »
    Neither of the Wally World stores near my house carry shotgun ammo anymore. Beyond that all of their pistol/rifle ammo is now pretty much gone.

While I have a decent stockpile of 12ga, I kinda wish I had a few thousand more rounds. Oh well...
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

Mr. Nobody

• 🇺🇸FJB🇺🇸
    • Contributor
    « Reply #4 on: August 08, 2021, 09:37:59 am »
    Thanks guys and thanks for the Bass Pro tip.

I was there a couple weeks ago and they didn't have much. Hopefully supply is catching up more.

Much appreciated!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
    ― Mark Twain

- George Carlin

DEFUND WELFARE

KingGlamis

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2021, 12:48:12 pm »
    An hour ago the Wally Mart at Baseline and Country Club had 25 round boxes of Federal bird shot for $5.93 each. Didn't look like they had much left though. They also had several boxes of 350 Legend. And those two things were all they had. Kind of odd seeing them stock 350 Legend. I've never met anyone that owns a 350 Legend gun.
    I consider owning and shooting guns to be a fun hobby. That could also save my life or the lives of others.

Mr. Nobody

• 🇺🇸FJB🇺🇸
    • Contributor
    « Reply #6 on: August 08, 2021, 11:15:38 pm »
    Thanks!

I have never met anyone who has a 350 Legend either. Odd walmart would have that and not a more common caliber to sell cause I can't imagine many people getting that there... but who knows.
    ― Mark Twain

- George Carlin

DEFUND WELFARE

GTGallop

• N5MKH
    • Administrator
      • QRZ - N5MKH
    « Reply #7 on: August 09, 2021, 05:25:34 am »
    350 Legend exists because some states have laws against hunting with a necked cartridge.  They want you hunting with a straight walled cartridge.  Why?  Because it made sense to some politician and he or she made an issue of it I suppose.

But AZ obviously ain't one of those Wack-A-Doo states that pass "Common Sense Gun Legislation" that makes no damn sense.  There is no reason to own a 350-L here unless you just like it for funsies.  So why on Earth Walmart's Algorithm would stock it here when a guy 5 states away, where it is necessary, is looking for it is beyond me.
    The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.
    Once we, as a society, lose that affinity, we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

https://www.qrz.com/db/n5mkh

Marx-ism's

• Administrator
    • Why a duck?
    « Reply #8 on: August 09, 2021, 08:08:20 am »
    My initial guess is that the 350 Legend has been sitting in that Wally World gathering dust for a while. For all we know, it's still there because nobody wants it.
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

Mr. Nobody

• 🇺🇸FJB🇺🇸
    • Contributor
    « Reply #9 on: August 09, 2021, 05:54:04 pm »
    Just left Bass Pro...

Scored me 6 boxes of Herter's 00 Buck. I've shot Herter's in the past. It's fine. Especially when Winchester and Federal are $8 for 5 rounds... I paid $10/box for 15 rounds in anticipation of my new shotgun arriving soon.

Also of note, for you guys who shoot 9mm and are willing to run steel case, they had a good bit of Winchester Steel case for $17/box of 50. Not bad. I just don't shoot steel case stuff.

Also got a decent supply of 5.56 and 7.62 for decent prices.

They had a nice amount of 12 GA 00 Buck, some 20 GA, and even had 28 GA stuff.
    « Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 05:56:18 pm by Mr. Nobody »
    ― Mark Twain

- George Carlin

DEFUND WELFARE

Goomba

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2021, 09:57:13 am »
    Elite Ordnance in Phoenix just had some the other day

spafxer

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2022, 11:17:43 am »
    Anyone have an availability update on 7.5 / 8  12 gauge shells? My low quantity indicator went on yesterday and I'd like to spend more time at the sporting clays range !

I've watched my Wally World and figured they'd stopped selling ammo, tried Northwest Armory and nothing.  Thought for sure Sportsman's Warehouse would have something but nada !  My next will be Bass Pro in Mesa and see what they have. 

Thanks!

GTGallop

• N5MKH
    • Administrator
      • QRZ - N5MKH
    « Reply #12 on: January 07, 2022, 06:08:52 am »
    WOW!  I mean Walmart doesn't surprise me.  They have been moving that direction for decades.  Their exit from firearms has been so slow and gradual you could cut it in half and count the rings.  But Sportsmans in N. Phoenix and Prescott (Even Walmart in Prescott) has always had plenty of Birdshot.  I'm rolling high on the stuff right now because I stocked up when the Great Toilet Paper Recession of 2020 hit, I diverted toilet paper budget to ammo and that was one of the few kinds of ammo you could get.

My Uncle In-Law in Oklahoma hits gun stores weekly because he like to buy sell trade, etc...  He keeps sending me pictures of stocked shelves.  Says it's still expensive (new normal - LGB) and it turns over pretty quick but they are no where near as bare as AZ is.  Wife is going to Texas for business soon.  Might see if she can wrangle a box of 9mm home in her checked bag - locked and in accordance with the TSA of course.
    Once we, as a society, lose that affinity, we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

JT

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2022, 08:54:45 am »
    The members of the shooting club here have been buying up all of our Walmarts shot shells. They are organized and I have not seen any there in months.
    Patron NRA GOA AZCDL

spafxer

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2022, 09:45:31 am »
    Bass Pro had some 12 ga birdshot 250 round cases at 48 cents per shell.  Lots of 9mm, .223, and .45 I did not price.

I checked Ben Avery Clays and I think it was 46 cents per shell but limited to what you would shoot that day.

Just starting to shop. Will keep looking

GTGallop

• N5MKH
    • Administrator
      • QRZ - N5MKH
    « Reply #15 on: January 07, 2022, 07:50:14 pm »
    Bass Pro had some 12 ga birdshot 250 round cases at 48 cents per shell.  Lots of 9mm, .223, and .45 I did not price.

I checked Ben Avery Clays and I think it was 46 cents per shell but limited to what you would shoot that day.

Just starting to shop. Will keep looking

But you know...  Sometimes it gets a little too windy and you have to stop half way through the ammo you bought.  Or like my knee acts up because of the cold and I have to go early and lookey there I bought twice as much ammo as clays.  Well that just happens to work out.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement