Username: Password:

Author Topic: Cross Roads Gun Show @ AZ State Fairgrounds - Phoenix - Sept 11-12  (Read 1667 times)

bassplayer

Cross Roads Gun Show @ AZ State Fairgrounds - Phoenix - Sept 11-12
« on: September 07, 2021, 01:39:02 pm »

Anyone been to this before?  Any good?

https://www.crossroadsgunshows.com/event/az-state-fairgrounds-phoenix-az-23/

Thinking about going with my son this weekend.  Is it worth the $19.00 (after $1 off coupon)??

"В мире полно королей и королев. Кто слепит тебе глаза и крадет твои мечты. Это рай и ад" - RJD

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    Re: Cross Roads Gun Show @ AZ State Fairgrounds - Phoenix - Sept 11-12
    « Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 01:55:33 pm »
    COTW is the 900 pound gorilla here for this type of thing so it ought to be well attended.  That said, you'd have to pay me more than the price of admission to get me to go to anything at the fairgrounds venue.   :smh
    " A republic, if you can keep it. "
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

bassplayer

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2021, 02:03:49 pm »
    COTW is the 900 pound gorilla here for this type of thing so it ought to be well attended.  That said, you'd have to pay me more than the price of admission to get me to go to anything at the fairgrounds venue.   :smh

Does that mean there will be a ton of newbies sweeping everyone with guns they are fondling as well as tons of vendors selling beef jerky and the latest As Seen On TV wares? 

"В мире полно королей и королев. Кто слепит тебе глаза и крадет твои мечты. Это рай и ад" - RJD

thom

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2021, 02:39:59 pm »
    One benefit of going is that you get to join or renew your AZCDL membership for $10.00 less.  That is always great. 

Thom
    AZCDL Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Life Member
    2nd Amendment Foundation Life Member
    A politician is a fellow who wants you to lay down your life for his country.

Marx-ism's

• Administrator
    • Why a duck?
    « Reply #4 on: September 07, 2021, 02:49:57 pm »
    Does that mean there will be a ton of newbies sweeping everyone with guns they are fondling as well as tons of vendors selling beef jerky and the latest As Seen On TV wares?

That tends to be what happens there now and again.  Best to keep your head on a swivel as you walk past vendor booths if that sort of thing concerns you.

Another thing to consider is that you will have to pay both an entrance fee to get into the gun show AND a fee to park in the parking lot.  It's possible to find street parking outside of the fairgrounds if you don't mind a bit of walking.  That said it's not always easy to find a place to park, many residents of the area charge for parking, and some of those neighborhoods can be a wee bit sketchy depending on when you go.
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

joeb1

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2021, 06:39:38 pm »
    Don't forget the $8.00-$10.00 for parking. Been there, done that. Probably won't do it again.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    « Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 06:41:43 pm by joeb1 »

alexcorona034

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2021, 02:56:26 am »
    I think it's not a big expense what the show charges for entrance and parking, I lived in California and went to shows, there I couldn't even buy a bullet without ffl, on the other hand in Arizona you can buy private sale, ammunition without ffl etc, I think that these types of events should continue to be supported.  Of course I have looked at very expensive and low quality guns but sometimes I find a firearm that I fall in love ,

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

CZ

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2021, 02:12:07 pm »
    I think it's not a big expense what the show charges for entrance and parking, I lived in California and went to shows, there I couldn't even buy a bullet without ffl, on the other hand in Arizona you can buy private sale, ammunition without ffl etc, I think that these types of events should continue to be supported.  Of course I have looked at very expensive and low quality guns but sometimes I find a firearm that I fall in love ,

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I am with Alex here.  I also like supporting these shows because someday in the future we wont have them at all. Or things will be like commiefornia. I don't mind paying to get in but, the parking is a little high. It's fun getting lost in a world where guns are not hated...

I have spent countless hours walking around gun shows just to pass the time and to see if there was something new or old to catch my attention.  I like the window shopping aspect and the possibility I might come across something else I really don't need but, decide to buy anyway... lol   

Like many people I miss the "Good ole days" when gun shows had good to great deals and you could find all sorts of old cool stuff not found in gun shops...  I enjoyed selling at shows too. We sold over 50 guns at a couple Florida shows in the  80's old S&W revolvers and H&R revolvers as low as $95 each.

KingGlamis

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2021, 08:15:05 pm »
    I have been several times and it is a good show. But like all shows... buyer beware. There are deals to be had, usually from private sellers with smaller booths. And there are "gun stores" that have massive booths with basically normal pricing or higher than normal pricing. I enjoy the shows just to see all of the different guns and gun-related stuff. Good place to buy magazines.

Unfortunately I am skipping this year's show because I am taking a much-needed two week vacation with my parents that will cost me like $3000. That will put a damper on this month's gun purchases.
    I consider owning and shooting guns to be a fun hobby. That could also save my life or the lives of others.

bassplayer

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2021, 02:35:07 pm »
    Thanks for all the feedback!  My son and I went this morning and had a good time.  We spent a couple hours there and then went out to lunch afterwards.  It was nice to be able to really check out scopes and other accessories before buying them online later.

RJ

• Contributor
    « Reply #10 on: September 12, 2021, 08:50:43 am »
    for sure they are not the gun show of yesteryear, but its all we have, so enjoy while you can, i'd say inside next decade or so, shows like this will be minscule or non existent.

go while you can, usually a good time, but if a tight wad, well then not so much. always something new to see, and quite a lot of strange folks on the prowl so to speak, the comedy side is fun also. if one actually knows something about gats.
    Rj

azgarn

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2021, 11:23:16 am »
    Wickenburg show is soon also isn't it?

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement