Username: Password:

Author Topic: Where has all the members gone?  (Read 3620 times)

RetroG

• Contributor
Re: Where has all the members gone?
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2021, 11:46:56 pm »
I’d be up for a group shoot, it’s been quite a while.

One of the few benefits of getting old, I think I’ve got a lifetime supply of certain calibers.

I only post here when I’ve got something to say, mostly I just read.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    « Reply #51 on: October 24, 2021, 11:13:00 am »
    Well let’s try something simple, see if anybody’s jockey shorts get tied in a knot or not.

I was out with a couple other members here, SHOOTING today.  We shot steel, we shot paper, we tried some new shiny stuff, we tried some experimental stuff, some worked some didn’t.  Nobody got hurt, nothing broke, we had a great time. 

We also discussed some serious shit, so here it is for the Fudds who bitch about being called a fudd, and for everybody else that’s a member. 

We are losing our 2A rights.  The threat is much more real with Biden and democrats in Washington. 

Women are a major group of new gun owners but we don’t have a good way to keep them interested or get them more interested than, “bought a gun for self-defense”. 
    Young folks are being taught guns are ONLY for hunting, if you don’t hunt you or anybody else has no need for a gun.  Many are interested but their only exposure is tainted by the false world of video games.

I do what I can but have no great ideas for fixing the problem.  If you have ideas to get young shooters involved and women interested in shooting as a sport, one of the guys I was out with is an excellent trainer, many years ago I was a trainer, and the other member has been an avid collector, reloader, and shooter for many years.  I’m certain we can help. 

How about we get members and lurkers to save our trigger time rather than eat up keyboard time. 

Ideas?   
    Last formal gun range I was at was C2 Tactical in Tempe.  I was there with one veteran shooter and a complete newbie.  We were treated well by the staff and getting the veteran and the newbie set up with a membership couldn't have been easier.  They now have a place to shoot that doesn't require an hour of travel time to get to and from the actual shooting site.   To your point, the newbie was a young lady who seemed to develop the beginnings of a working relationship with a CZ compact.   A very good outing to my way of thinking. 

Group shoots have become more difficult these days but they remain a good way to get acquainted with the group you interact with here at the forum.   We used to have a gallery of photos from previous events so if its still accessible wander over there and give it a look.  We are still scattered all over the state and that situation hasn't improved so picking a site is sometimes an exercise in tolerance but we've always had some good times and grins whenever we made it happen. 

Giving new shooters ( and the few old bitchy fudds who still survive ) a handle on all things related to guns and shooting has never been easier.  To get to the heart of the second amendment, gun culture and how its being discussed today I recommend the following site:   https://opensourcedefense.org

They have a weekly e-mail newsletter and I have yet to see any content there specifically related to hunting.  It gathers a lot of relevant news together and gives a pretty unique perspective IMO.  I like it and hope you all do as well.   :coffee
    " A republic, if you can keep it. "
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

ynotaz

« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2021, 10:13:46 pm »
    Good newsletter but, how about this local firearms forum generates some local support and interest.  Perhaps an administrator, moderator, Sr. contributor can try to set a date for an outdoor shoot and get some of the new folks to join in, learn, and have some fun.

Make the purpose to assist newbies and women, the fastest-growing gun-owning population that needs help, to enjoy shooting as a sport. 

The forums and newsletters are nice and the keyboard is cute but it doesn’t go bang, doesn’t punch holes in paper or ring steel, and you don’t get the sweet smell of nitrates in the morning.     
    Finally found my new sig:

https://youtu.be/yuEBBwJdjhQ?t=46

LuckyLeaky

• Administrator
    « Reply #53 on: October 24, 2021, 10:16:35 pm »
    Why does it need to be one of us?

Anyone can say “Hey!! I’m going shooting, if anyone wants to join.. it’s here”

I mean.. that’s what the offroad community does.. kinda goes hand in hand
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life... -Winston Churchill

Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.

ynotaz

« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2021, 06:54:25 am »
    It doesn't have to be, I just figured people whop organized, established, and run a shooting forum would be good candidates to put their heads together, perhaps suggest a date and location, maybe send out a member email, and see what the interest is.  Some folks don't check in here often so an email is a capability you have that "anyone" doesn't

There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in AZCDL, maybe there will be some interest in shooting.

LuckyLeaky

• Administrator
    « Reply #55 on: October 25, 2021, 07:36:21 am »
    I’m down for whatever.
    My stockpile has diminished over the years but I need to get back out there and shoot!
    It’s unfortunately been a while
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life... -Winston Churchill

Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.

ynotaz

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2021, 02:28:14 pm »
    Well, with the number of folks who jumped in here to say, "yeah I'd be interested in a group shoot", I would say, don't waste your time.

With that and the show of overwhelming support of AZCDL from members, I certainly won't waste my time trying to put an outing together here.   

• Contributor
    « Reply #57 on: October 25, 2021, 06:18:21 pm »
    If someone would like to maybe plan a shoot I would suggest putting a limited number of registered people on the list in order to keep it as simple as possible for the planer.  No one needs to be pressured. 

ynotaz

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2021, 06:49:50 pm »
    Wow, an email seeing who is interested or an attempt to get someone to do something similar to get a group shoot together or see he response, on a shooting forum is seen as pressure.  If this were a knitting circle I could see your point, but maybe????

I've thrown in the towel.

grayland

« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2021, 07:49:20 am »
    This isn't a knitting group?? :shocked   No wonder I can't find any camo yarn :facepalm
    NRA Member; AZCDL Member; CCW; 2A Supporter
    https://azcdl.org/

delta6

« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2021, 09:07:01 am »
    If someone would like to maybe plan a shoot I would suggest putting a limited number of registered people on the list in order to keep it as simple as possible for the planer.  No one needs to be pressured.

car-ram-rod

• Sr. Contributor
      • Immediate Action Tactics & Training Group
    « Reply #61 on: October 26, 2021, 10:12:38 am »
    been gone for awhile looks like i havent missed much haaaa
    NRA Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun Instructor
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    Colt AR15 Certified Armorer
    GLOCK Armorer

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    « Reply #62 on: October 26, 2021, 11:04:14 am »
    Welcome back.  We've missed your input.  Well, some of us anyway.   :whistle
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

RJ

• Contributor
    « Reply #63 on: October 26, 2021, 02:59:55 pm »
    my oh my  :facepalm

LuckyLeaky

• Administrator
    « Reply #64 on: October 26, 2021, 06:36:57 pm »
    been gone for awhile looks like i havent missed much haaaa
    Omg your fucking back.

Thank god.

I missed the sarcastic asshole that can back it up with his skills and knowledge

ynotaz

« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2021, 06:46:18 pm »
    Oh shit it is a knitting circle.

LuckyLeaky

• Administrator
    « Reply #66 on: October 26, 2021, 06:51:06 pm »
    I like to crochet. I make my Mal a sweater so he isn’t cold when he is doing bad dog shit

car-ram-rod

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #67 on: October 26, 2021, 07:37:54 pm »
    some of these old guys are gonna have to stock up on depends. here ya go BJ.... i mean RJ
    https://www.amazon.com/Depend-Incontinence-Underwear-Absorbency-32-Count/dp/B004M3CPDG
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    GLOCK Armorer

delta6

« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2021, 07:46:20 pm »
    some of these old guys are gonna have to stock up on depends. here ya go BJ.... i mean RJ
    https://www.amazon.com/Depend-Incontinence-Underwear-Absorbency-32-Count/dp/B004M3CPDG

Geesch.. car rod....you haven't changed... still a Ultracrepidarian..
    thought when you came back you would play nice.... I was wrong.... :-[

car-ram-rod

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #69 on: October 26, 2021, 08:04:51 pm »
    if you dont think i know what im talking about lets do the group shoot. id love to see all the new faces. see who the real shooters are
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    GLOCK Armorer

ynotaz

« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2021, 09:55:59 pm »
    I got screwed once by Cram-Ram, If I agreed to do anything with him, that would be on me.  He is the one guy here I would never shoot with.  Couldn't trust him on a deal wouldn't trust him with a weapon. .

car-ram-rod

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #71 on: October 27, 2021, 04:13:17 am »
    please remind me what happened?
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    GLOCK Armorer

ynotaz

« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2021, 07:36:36 am »
    Giraud

car-ram-rod

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #73 on: October 27, 2021, 08:27:45 am »
    i have a giraurd trimmer and annealer. what did i do or not do?
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    GLOCK Armorer

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    « Reply #74 on: October 27, 2021, 12:21:20 pm »
    I got screwed once by Cram-Ram, If I agreed to do anything with him, that would be on me.  He is the one guy here I would never shoot with.  Couldn't trust him on a deal wouldn't trust him with a weapon. .
    In all honesty you sound like you've been screwed once by a lot of people and no we don't want the details.   :coffee   On the other hand, my experience with c-r-r has been exemplary.  Merchandise as advertised, reasonably priced and meetings kept on time and efficient for all concerned.  Range sessions have always been safe, friendly and educational.   

Some folks' attitude is like a set of scope lens covers - sometimes they forget and leave them in place when they should've put them the range bag.  YMMV.   :beer
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement