Username: Password:

Author Topic: Where has all the members gone?  (Read 3619 times)

Marx-ism's

• Administrator
  • Why a duck?
Re: Where has all the members gone?
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2021, 10:39:21 am »
Everything is sounding like this forum needs to be updated and redone. One of the best designed, administrated and moderated that I have seen is the "TJ Wrangler Forum" done by Chris.

Are you volunteering to spearhead this rather significant task?

I've been involved in forum software upgrades in the past.  It's a SIGNIFICANT effort on somebodies part given that these forums are essentially big databases with a "user friendly" front end.
"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    « Reply #26 on: October 18, 2021, 10:42:43 am »
    oh jeez oh pete, how about some ammo, gun, content, instead of the whine. :-P
    I second the motion.   :popcorn
    " A republic, if you can keep it. "
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

patkelly4370

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2021, 12:11:21 pm »
    Glock 19

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RJ

• Contributor
    « Reply #28 on: October 18, 2021, 02:04:32 pm »
    i'm on occassionally, way too many folks referencing the shiate hole cali, no matter why you came here you bring little nuances of your kali bullshiate, its whats going to destroy what was free Arizona.

happy monday
    Rj

patkelly4370

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2021, 04:44:46 pm »
    i'm on occassionally, way too many folks referencing the shiate hole cali, no matter why you came here you bring little nuances of your kali bullshiate, its whats going to destroy what was free Arizona.

happy monday
    Rj
    So maybe exCA wanting to join AZGO should be denied automatically.
    Makes sense to divide rather than mentor to unity.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RJ

• Contributor
    « Reply #30 on: October 18, 2021, 04:52:16 pm »
    see there you go bringing yer excal bullshiat, no one said anything about negating your joining, you brought that shiate up, its a gun related site, not a expat comie land site   :facepalm
    Rj

Marx-ism's

• Administrator
    • Why a duck?
    « Reply #31 on: October 18, 2021, 06:35:50 pm »
    This is why we can't have nice things around here.  People can't always maintain their focus. As such, either stick to the original topic or it'll be time for this thread to end.  :whistle

Casswick

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2021, 11:50:39 pm »
    see there you go bringing yer excal bullshiat, no one said anything about negating your joining, you brought that shiate up, its a gun related site, not a expat comie land site   :facepalm
    Rj

CA is a shithole, I was born and raised there. That's why I'm here, to be a Zonnie.
    "...the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging and kicking them into obedience." —Aldous Huxley to George Orwell

GTGallop

• N5MKH
    • Administrator
      • QRZ - N5MKH
    « Reply #33 on: October 19, 2021, 06:24:58 am »
    oh jeez oh pete, how about some ammo, gun, content, instead of the whine. :-P

Or perhaps we discuss the finer wines of the two Arizona Wine Growing Regions.
    Most people don't realize that Arizona has a northern and southern wine growing region.  The northern is near Cottonwood and Sedona.  The southern runs clear from Tucson to Bisbee.
    The latest edition of the Arizona Wine Guide highlights over 100 vineyards and wineries that prosper across Arizona.  Our unique climate allows them to grow a hearty mix of traditional grapes like Merlot and Pinot Noir, and some much rarer grapes like Tenat and Petite Verdot that were typically grown in small batches back in the old world to flavor wines.  Due to our unique soil here, they can be grown in large batches and even stand on their own rather than as a flavoring to add brilliance to another wine or blend.

If you get a chance, I highly recommend visiting Sonoita or Elgin and booking an Air B&B or Bed and Breakfast somewhere.  They have wine tours that will take you to all of the wineries where you can taste the wines and possibly purchase them.  It's a great weekend get-away to help the missus forget about the $2500 Ed Brown Customized 1911 Long Slide with engraved sides you just bought.
    The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.
    Once we, as a society, lose that affinity, we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

https://www.qrz.com/db/n5mkh

870policemag

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2021, 07:55:41 am »
     :rotfl I needed that.
    Bullets are the only things that do their job only after they're fired.

www.mesapawn.net

RJ

• Contributor
    « Reply #35 on: October 19, 2021, 08:09:20 am »
    Or perhaps we discuss the finer wines of the two Arizona Wine Growing Regions.
    Most people don't realize that Arizona has a northern and southern wine growing region.  The northern is near Cottonwood and Sedona.  The southern runs clear from Tucson to Bisbee.
    The latest edition of the Arizona Wine Guide highlights over 100 vineyards and wineries that prosper across Arizona.  Our unique climate allows them to grow a hearty mix of traditional grapes like Merlot and Pinot Noir, and some much rarer grapes like Tenat and Petite Verdot that were typically grown in small batches back in the old world to flavor wines.  Due to our unique soil here, they can be grown in large batches and even stand on their own rather than as a flavoring to add brilliance to another wine or blend.

If you get a chance, I highly recommend visiting Sonoita or Elgin and booking an Air B&B or Bed and Breakfast somewhere.  They have wine tours that will take you to all of the wineries where you can taste the wines and possibly purchase them.  It's a great weekend get-away to help the missus forget about the $2500 Ed Brown Customized 1911 Long Slide with engraved sides you just bought.

and there is a local wine site one can peruse to enjoy the nuances of the grape, i do favor the northern varietal of grape juice, but after a few reviews of recent additions to the southern grape  juice variety, they have come far from their long time ago first offerings.
    Any grape juice one can swallow is good grape juice, but far from the whiney complaints about something that is free
    Rj

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    « Reply #36 on: October 19, 2021, 10:24:32 am »
    Agreed.  For quite some time it seemed the best stuff came from the Verde Valley around Page Springs but the folks down south have made up a lot of ground in the last twenty years.  That big storm a few years back hurt them but vineyards are pretty resilient given proper care.  I always manage to stop in somewhere down that way when visiting relatives there. 
    " A republic, if you can keep it. "
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

KingGlamis

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2021, 06:41:55 pm »
    If it's wine  time for you, it's beer time for me. So let's tell lies. Or in this case, a truth you will think is a lie. About three decades ago I went shooting with a group of friends. Just plinking in the mountains. One friend was always putting other  people down, like he knew it all and was better than everyone. At one point we saw an aluminum can way up a canyon, so far you could barely tell it was a can. He grabs his S&W 44  Mag and says "I bet nobody here can hit that can with my 44." I had only shot a 44 Mag a few times at that point in my life but I accepted the challenge anyway. I told him not only will I hit that can on the first shot but  I will do it shooting one handed. Of course everyone called BS but I took the shot and YEP, hit that darn can first try, one handed. Was it luck? Absolutely. But... you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. And there WAS a little bit of skill involved. Was funny to see his astonished reaction. Wish I had bet  him money. LOL
    I consider owning and shooting guns to be a fun hobby. That could also save my life or the lives of others.

JK357

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2021, 09:08:44 pm »
     :-)

LuckyLeaky

• Administrator
    « Reply #39 on: October 19, 2021, 11:02:39 pm »
    Imma just go ahead and say this is the weirdest thread of posts I’ve ever seen
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life... -Winston Churchill

Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.

ynotaz

« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2021, 01:18:10 pm »

Well somebody asked where all the members are.  Apparently drunk on their asses.

Finally found my new sig:

https://youtu.be/yuEBBwJdjhQ?t=46

KingGlamis

« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2021, 06:10:19 pm »

The now non-existent OP said it was dead around here. Some of us tried to lighten the mood by posting random stories. Ya'all should join in. Or if the Admin thinks we should not post things others might find funny or interesting... well... bye.
    I consider owning and shooting guns to be a fun hobby. That could also save my life or the lives of others.

• Contributor
    « Reply #42 on: October 20, 2021, 06:22:28 pm »
    The now non-existent OP said it was dead around here. Some of us tried to lighten the mood by posting random stories. Ya'all should join in. Or if the Admin thinks we should not post things others might find funny or interesting... well... bye.
    There is always facebook if you like.

870policemag

« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2021, 06:30:44 pm »

That was coming from Lucky. You can bet that was a complement.   :rotfl
    « Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 06:33:37 pm by 870policemag »

www.mesapawn.net

870policemag

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2021, 06:33:07 pm »
    There is always facebook if you like.

I feel like this was the perfect response to your original post in this thread. You may have just answered your own question. :whistle

www.mesapawn.net

LuckyLeaky

• Administrator
    « Reply #45 on: October 20, 2021, 06:34:19 pm »
    Lol, it’s good. I’ve joined in on my part and will probably join back in.. but you know being an admin.. people think I have to be profeshunal
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life... -Winston Churchill

Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.

ynotaz

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2021, 06:51:04 pm »
    Well let’s try something simple, see if anybody’s jockey shorts get tied in a knot or not.

I was out with a couple other members here, SHOOTING today.  We shot steel, we shot paper, we tried some new shiny stuff, we tried some experimental stuff, some worked some didn’t.  Nobody got hurt, nothing broke, we had a great time. 

We also discussed some serious shit, so here it is for the Fudds who bitch about being called a fudd, and for everybody else that’s a member. 

We are losing our 2A rights.  The threat is much more real with Biden and democrats in Washington. 

Women are a major group of new gun owners but we don’t have a good way to keep them interested or get them more interested than, “bought a gun for self-defense”. 
    Young folks are being taught guns are ONLY for hunting, if you don’t hunt you or anybody else has no need for a gun.  Many are interested but their only exposure is tainted by the false world of video games.

I do what I can but have no great ideas for fixing the problem.  If you have ideas to get young shooters involved and women interested in shooting as a sport, one of the guys I was out with is an excellent trainer, many years ago I was a trainer, and the other member has been an avid collector, reloader, and shooter for many years.  I’m certain we can help. 

How about we get members and lurkers to save our trigger time rather than eat up keyboard time. 

Ideas?   

LuckyLeaky

• Administrator
    « Reply #47 on: October 20, 2021, 07:15:08 pm »
    I’ve been throwing around the idea of doing a group shoot like we used to in the past.. we are long over due for one. It’s just timing for me to have that available to set up.

I think it would be good for all the assholes to come out from behind the keyboard and meet all the other assholes.. then we can be a group of assholes..

ynotaz

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2021, 10:16:14 pm »
    No current fire restriction, only issue for something impromptu is personal availability.  Weather is great.....   Good time to do something.

Nothing monetary, but something sponsored or promoted by a shooting forum, would separate keyboard commandos from real gun folks.   

BTW, If it happens, I hope nobody takes this to mean you have to show up in a Marine Scout load-out.  Just bring what ya shoot, enjoy, share, learn, and get involved.  Bring the new women and young gun owners. 

Marx-ism's

• Administrator
    • Why a duck?
    « Reply #49 on: October 20, 2021, 11:27:57 pm »
    Personally I wish the price of ammo was lower than it is. I've got a bit of ammo in storage but not nearly enough for if the SHTF.  I tend to go through a shitload of ammo when I go shooting.  And right now I'm in something of a predicament. My employers just announced one of them vaccine mandates. And I'm old enough and stubborn enough to refuse to give them my vaccination information for no reason other than the fact that it's HIPAA protected and none of their DAMN business.  The problem is finding another job at my age, even in a STEM field, ain't gonna be easy.

Have I mentioned that I laugh every time I hear somebody tell me that AGEISM isn't a thing?

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement