Username: Password:

Author Topic: Where has all the members gone?  (Read 3291 times)

ynotaz

Re: Where has all the members gone?
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2021, 03:04:02 pm »
Well then I'll tell you what, you go shoot with him.  This deal was almost 2 years ago.  I don't bash people easily on shooting forums, so I said nothing and simply didn't participate in anything he posted,
 BUTT.

There are about 4 million ways to say "I'm back", he chose a snotty ass remark in a thread that already demonstrated there are more keyboard warriors here than actual shooters.  Because of his grand entry, with no contribution to the thread, I finally decided to say something.

As for your insight: Your scope lens may be dirty, your eyesight may even be bad but don't judge mine when you know nothing about the transaction, so frankly, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. 

I'm happy to drop it with what I've already posted, which I fully stand behind, and go on for the next several years ignoring him as I've done in the past.
Finally found my new sig:

https://youtu.be/yuEBBwJdjhQ?t=46

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

LuckyLeaky

• Administrator
    « Reply #76 on: October 27, 2021, 03:53:17 pm »
    I think you have handled yourself well. Thank you for that.
    I’ll tell you this though. CRR is a decent guy in person and a well versed shooter.
    When I first got into this forum when it was actually shooters .. I thought the same thing as you.
    Then I met him. Fucking teddy bear. When I was having difficulties with shot placement with a new LR rifle. He helped me zero it in, no questions asked and didn’t make me feel any lesser.

He was the first person I hit up when I was going to build out a LR and again.. no hesitation, quick to help.

I would say, if you two can take this to PM and touch butts there and hash this out.. you two might actually get along.

And this last comment isn’t towards you but to everyone that has been using keyboard commandos here lately..
    We all pretty much are lately.. we all need to get over ourselves and actually take the time to learn something from someone else instead of just shooting everything down and judge… me included
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life... -Winston Churchill

Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.

Marx-ism's

• Administrator
    • Why a duck?
    « Reply #77 on: October 27, 2021, 05:45:39 pm »
    I'll agree wholeheartedly with what LL says.

There have been times when CRR's persona online has gotten under my skin. While I don't always agree with him online, he is a better and more disciplined shooter than me and most everyone I've ever gone shooting with.  He knows his stuff.  I've seen him consistently ringing steel at distances where I can hardly see the target. Hell, even his kids are damned well trained shooters.

Can he be abrasive online?  Absolutely, but there is almost always solid logic behind his comments.  Sometime you just gotta take a step back to figure out where he's coming from. Only thing I think he's wrong about are those damned utilitarian BLOCK pistols.  :rotfl :rotfl
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

ynotaz

« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2021, 06:59:36 pm »
    Great to have all the character witnesses and I will concede all of your personal experiences but I have said what happened almost 2 years ago, I'm very clear on it, will not change my mind on the situation, and things will go back to the way they have been for two years, when he was here and when he was gone during that period. 

I don't stalk, I don't challenge people out of vindictiveness, and a rarely say anything bad about people on forums, unless they have significantly earned it. 

You can easily check all my posts and may notice the only dismay I have shown is lack of support for AZCDL and lack of interest in even offering a group shoot to see the interest level and then do it.

I will make this easy.  I'm a simple guy with simple interests, one of many being firearms, for many years.  My current interests are:

300 whisper, experience barrel length, accuracy, ballistics, suppressors, loads, experience

ARs in 45ACP, has anyone got one to run reliably, barrel length, bolt weight, buffer weight, and what buffer spring

Are any of the new AR calibers worth investing in

What experience have you had with what type of suppressors on what firearms POA shift, sound suppression.

Playing with MAC11s in 22lr, getting them running reliably.

Confrontation on the Internet is STUPID.  I'm looking to learn things from people with real experience, not confront keyboard commandos.

I don't need anymore character witnesses.  Go ahead and just kill this thread.  As I said, my rant dies here unless the demon is awakened by others. 

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    « Reply #79 on: October 27, 2021, 07:41:52 pm »
    Actually, the thread was going fine before you chimed in and may well continue after you decide you have better things to do.  For someone who says, " Confrontation on the internet is STUPID." you sure seem to instigate a lot of it.  If those are your words heed your own advice.  If not then kindly include quotation marks and an attribution to the wise soul who said it.   :coffee
    " A republic, if you can keep it. "
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

patkelly4370

« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2021, 08:05:42 pm »
    All of this is why I delete 99% of my posts before hitting "SEND"

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ynotaz

« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2021, 10:07:50 pm »
    Actually, the thread was going fine before you chimed in and may well continue after you decide you have better things to do.  For someone who says, " Confrontation on the internet is STUPID." you sure seem to instigate a lot of it.  If those are your words heed your own advice.  If not then kindly include quotation marks and an attribution to the wise soul who said it.   :coffee

WTF, you have a real problem with reading comprehension.  Let me rewind to page one of this thread, long before I posted anything:

This is the second time you've created a thread about others not creating threads or posting. Have you thought about creating threads about shooting related topics that you find interesting?

That's sorta how these things work man.

I stopped posting as I find this forum too micromanaged and concerned with "tone" and safe spaces. I'll just lurk for the marketplace.

Everything is sounding like this forum needs to be updated and redone. One of the best designed, administrated and moderated that I have seen is the "TJ Wrangler Forum" done by Chris.

I nominate our esteemed colleague, 5632, for the position of moderator in charge of forum upgrades and user interface standards.  Do I hear a second?   :coffee

After all the “this is the way we did it on CalGuns” and somewhere else crap this was my first post with the following graphic as a joke.  You will find it near the bottom of the second page of posts.  Not had to scroll back and look.

Well somebody asked where all the members are.  Apparently drunk on their asses.

If the Karens here are incapable of taking ribbing or can’t remember what they read, then they shouldn’t be handling deadly weapons.  If you want to kiss C-R-C‘s ass, as it appears with the crap you started, have at it, but don’t attempt to do it at my expense bow down and kiss it on your own dime.

Perhaps you should suck up your coffee and just drop it like I tried before you had to accuse me of not knowing what I was talking about.  I let the dead fish lie for two years.  Fish smell, so I will avoid further contact.

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
    • eccentric orbit
    « Reply #82 on: October 27, 2021, 10:41:52 pm »
    Seems odd that you, of all here, should  broach the subject of reading comprehension.  Is the giant, red text a sign that "the demon" has been awakened?    :popcorn
    " A republic, if you can keep it. "
                                                  Benjamin Franklin

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement