Username: Password:

Author Topic: Advice  (Read 1542 times)

Bucksnort

Advice
« on: December 06, 2021, 07:38:29 pm »
I want to advertise some handguns on this site.  If they sell, what's the best and most secure to handle the transaction?  It will be cash only.  Thank you. 

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

KingGlamis

Re: Advice
    « Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 07:49:23 pm »
    My experiences buying from people on this forum have all been positive. Some want to meet at a public place, some even at a gun range parking lot. I would not buy from or sell to someone that seemed shady, but that is a matter of personal opinion/observation.
    I consider owning and shooting guns to be a fun hobby. That could also save my life or the lives of others.

JT

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2021, 08:27:04 pm »
    Make sure you check the post count of the person you are dealing with. Scammers do try to get into forums like this. You will be pretty safe dealing with someone that is established on the forum.
    Patron NRA GOA AZCDL

Arminius

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2021, 08:48:36 pm »
    Combo of the above comments. I’m a “noob” on here but have over a decade in the firearm industry so who really knows.

Meet in public and make sure you ask proper questions or else you will never know who you are selling to.

I always take my pit Bull when picking up. She lets me know sometimes haha.

Jogden2

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2021, 09:05:01 pm »
    What have you? We all wanna know. :)

Arminius

Casswick

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2021, 01:37:04 am »
    I've always had pleasant experiences in the parking lot of QT's after 2am.
    "...the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging and kicking them into obedience." —Aldous Huxley to George Orwell

Earl Cordova

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2021, 05:59:34 am »
    When I meet someone it is in the parking lot of either Sportsman's Warehouse, Cabelas or Bass Pro.

RJ

• Contributor
    « Reply #8 on: December 07, 2021, 06:13:26 am »
    behind the nearest 7/11 at midnite, come alone. :whistle

Shifty

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2021, 07:14:26 am »
    I've always had pleasant experiences in the parking lot of QT's after 2am.

Spartan301

• MOLON LABE
    U.S. Army/Sgt./67N (Aviation/1st CAV DIV, FT. HOOD/2nd INF DIV, S. KOREA/NTC FLT DET, FT. IRWIN)
    Veteran '81-'86

Clifffalling

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2021, 09:39:37 am »
    I want to advertise some handguns on this site.  If they sell, what's the best and most secure to handle the transaction?  It will be cash only.  Thank you.
    Scope out a parking lot with cameras. Some PD/ Sheriff's offices actually have spots in their lots marked for "safe transaction" areas.
    Make sure you are explicit in your ads so there are no surprises. E.g. must present valid AZ DL, or cash only no negotiation after a deal is made, or must have AZ CCW. Whatever.  Take a friend.
    Flagstaff: Poverty with a view.

Bucksnort

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2021, 07:27:34 pm »
    RJ,

Good advice.  I will do what you suggest. 

Bucksnort

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2021, 07:32:39 pm »
    Jogden2,

Will post in a couple minutes. 

cool arrow

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2021, 11:19:15 pm »
    must present valid AZ DL, or cash only no negotiation after a deal is made, or must have AZ CCW. Whatever.  Take a friend.

THESE are the best advice any of us can give.

AZDL is a must, CCW preferred, meet in daytime, or if at night in a well lit public location.

If it seems shady, or your Spidey sense is tingling, back out and go home. Live to see another day.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” G.K. Chesterton

RJ

• Contributor
    « Reply #15 on: December 08, 2021, 05:54:02 am »
    Its a matter of trust and choice, i've never purchased from a newbie, not saying its not done, but having purchased well over hundreds of gats from private individuals on many websites, its usually been accomplished via a known individual who has info, referral info.

Only had one issue in all this time of buying and an extra fella came out of no where, i assumed he was a threat and was prepared, but was a guy trying to be funny, but didnt' grin when he realized i had a gat i my hand, at my side, boys learned real quick, buying a gun can be an enjoyable moment, just not a surprising one. all went well, and in the future bought thru this one fella many times.

Asking all the right questions prior to meet, and having a dialog via phone, text, can assist in ones comfortable level, and of course public location, i never worried about location as long as it was open and public, who cares if some hoplapob gets freaked out, its their problem not yours, of course just my opinion and don't forget basic requirements, Az. citizen, with ID proof, ect.

good luck, privates sales are the greatest if one can achieve his'/her goals.
    Rj

Bayonet

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2021, 09:28:30 am »
    My experience from members here on the forum have all went great, no issues. I will only meet someone during the day and at a public place. Usually a parking lot of a gun store or Sportman's Warehouse.
    « Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 02:25:52 pm by Bayonet »

Mike-4

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2021, 10:02:05 am »
    All good advice (except the QT parkling lot  ;-D).  I also get a phone # and start text messaging the buyer.  Good way to determine location / time, send pics, establish rapport.

cool arrow

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2021, 02:13:40 pm »
    just remember, they MUST be an AZ resident.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” G.K. Chesterton

thom

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2021, 03:02:13 pm »
    And check their age and the laws.  I had an 18 year old want to buy a pistol that I was selling.   Legal age in Az for a pistol buyer is 18.  I was ready to sell until he said he was in high school.  Later that month there was a shooting at Trevor Browne high school.
    AZCDL Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Life Member
    2nd Amendment Foundation Life Member
    A politician is a fellow who wants you to lay down your life for his country.

Arminius

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2021, 05:18:43 pm »
    Zits = quits

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement