Username: Password:

Author Topic: Opportunity for any young people looking for construction and renovation work  (Read 389 times)

Casswick

I'm reposting here a General Labor Wanted listing I have posted up on the local Craigslist.  Im working for an interior design and furnishings company as their in-house project manager for a retail showroom we are renovating in the Peoria/Glendale area.  If you are or know of any people looking looking for some work, I would like to help.  No experience necessary as long as you are a fast learner and eager to do an honest days labor. 

My jobsite is laid back and casual, as long as my guys are productive and maintain high standards.  Ive had the most difficult time just finding people that will show up for more than 3 days in a row, and be sober!  Feel free to share.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/lbg/d/peoria-general-labor-commercial/7431699336.html

Hiring general labor for a commercial renovation. We need individuals who are quick learners and eager to work in a low stress but fast paced job site. Must own you own tools, have reliable communication, and own transportation.

We are offering an opportunity for any young person that is looking for work, is reliable and communicates well, and willing to learn a trade in construction and renovation. Experience not required as long as you can learn quickly. This will lead to permanent employment if you are a good fit with our crew.

If you currently or have had a history of drug use, do not apply. We will find out, and have no tolerance for it.

Indoor retail site. Cash at end of period, must fill out 1099. Workdays may start later in day (9-10am) for 6-8hrs/day, including weekends.

Pay is $15-20 depending on experience.

Site location is a retail space on Northern and 99th Ave.

TEXT your info and an introduction to 48O-44seven-77eleven

« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 06:33:42 pm by Casswick »
"...the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging and kicking them into obedience." —Aldous Huxley to George Orwell

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

RJ

• Contributor
    good luck, we have gone thru over 135 people this year, we pay top scale if one has skills 30 an hour to start, laborers at 22, crazy world, can't get anyone to show up on time, or even show up after interview and paper work,
    its the reason i'm done, my 43 year old biz will close it doors in a few months, i'm done with the laziest generations i've ever heard of.
    again good luck,
    Rj

AZDTC

I swear I picked the wrong time to be a stay at home Dad!

I find it unbelievable that people are so unmotivated for work at the moment. They aren't getting any more free handouts from .gov so what're they doing!?

Money is good most places, people are desperate for hires. Great time to be unemployed.

Saying that - if you're wanting someone to work Saturday and Sundays, let me know

Casswick

good luck, we have gone thru over 135 people this year, we pay top scale if one has skills 30 an hour to start, laborers at 22, crazy world, can't get anyone to show up on time, or even show up after interview and paper work,
    its the reason i'm done, my 43 year old biz will close it doors in a few months, i'm done with the laziest generations i've ever heard of.
    again good luck,
    Rj

Bub, I feel your pain, I'm bending over backwards to give people jobs if they are just willing to show up and learn. What we're asking should not be above the bare minimum requirements for any workplace. I refuse to pay more than 20 bucks an hour for what we're asking just to get decent individuals, especially when there is no longer a govt supplement.

What I've been finding more often than not, if you are not already on a regular crew or working for a company, there is a reason for it.

All these motherfuckers are on drugs.
    "...the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging and kicking them into obedience." —Aldous Huxley to George Orwell

Casswick

I swear I picked the wrong time to be a stay at home Dad!

I find it unbelievable that people are so unmotivated for work at the moment. They aren't getting any more free handouts from .gov so what're they doing!?

Money is good most places, people are desperate for hires. Great time to be unemployed.

Saying that - if you're wanting someone to work Saturday and Sundays, let me know

Yea, it's rediculous. If anyone knows anyone in the neighborhood in their teens or 20s that just want to get some extra money, I'll treat them like my son and try to teach them a trade.

PM me, well talk and see if I can work something out that's mutually beneficial.
    « Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 11:51:47 pm by Casswick »

Ballistic Therapy

The 1099 deal will turn most away.
    Especially the young. They can't save enough money to pay their bills , let alone the taxes when they are due.
    Not to mention , they will be paying more in taxes than if they worked for a company that withholds taxes.
    Also if they are considered self employed they normally need to pay their taxes quarterly.

When I got 1099ed , 25% or more of the money I made went to taxes.
    You need to make good money to make that worthwhile.

This is just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.
    « Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 07:35:19 am by Ballistic Therapy »

ExCal

When all is said and done with my W2 over 30% of my income goes to fed and state taxes. We just got our social security SSA-1099 statements so we can add that to our tax return and they can take some of that back too.
    « Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 08:49:08 am by ExCal »

Casswick

I suppose you're right. It's expecting too much of these people to understand how  expenses work on their tax return. Even in California I was able to get my effective tax rate far below 25%.

The 1099 deal will turn most away.
    Especially the young. They can't save enough money to pay their bills , let alone the taxes when they are due.
    Not to mention , they will be paying more in taxes than if they worked for a company that withholds taxes.
    Also if they are considered self employed they normally need to pay their taxes quarterly.

You need to make good money to make that worthwhile.

This is just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement