Username: Password:

Author Topic: .22 LR In Stock?  (Read 8129 times)

Dabbott

• dabbottphoto.com
.22 LR In Stock?
« on: February 18, 2013, 07:19:57 pm »
Briefly was browsing the net for ammo sites and found that luckygunner.com had .22LR ammo in stock: for all of about 7 minutes. Website was so overloaded I couldn't get the cart page to load before it was all gone. But looks like they had it, if only for a moment.

Trouble is, seemed like everyone knew it was there too...anyone else had better luck?

Also, I remember the shortage in 08/09 but how long did it last?
"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it." -Clint Eastwood

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    Re: .22 LR In Stock?
    « Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 07:34:32 pm »
    That shortage lasted about 9 or 10 months if I recall correctly.  And even after that, the return to normal was slow.

I think this one could go for 12 to 13 months as long as there is still active panic.  And with bans in the news at every turn, that panic seems unlikely to slow for now.

I was at Desert Valley Firearms a few days back and they had some in stock.

-T.

car-ram-rod

• Sr. Contributor
      • Immediate Action Tactics & Training Group
    « Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 08:11:12 pm »
    thts seems about right. it took awhile for the price gougers to creep back down to normal though. im back ordering from the decent companies tht havent jacked up there prices and if and when it comes in stock cool. but i refuse to buy ammo at stupid prices unless its for my kids.
    NRA Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun Instructor
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    Colt AR15 Certified Armorer
    GLOCK Armorer

DesertValleyFirearms

• Shooting....It's a Zen thing.
      • Mesa Firearms Store Desert Valley Firearms
    « Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 08:21:01 pm »
    We have some left, but it is Eley.... Eley is top of the line when it comes to 22LR, and has a price to match.  Sold the last CCI today. Hunting for more daily.

Black Wolf CCW

• Facebook: Blackwolf Defense
      • Black Wolf Defense
    « Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 10:58:14 pm »
    Just came from a Walmart Glendale and they had 2000 rounds of 22lr that just came in. It was all CCI Mini Mag (100 round boxes $7.96), the guy did not know about any limit, so I bought up 1000 rounds (10 boxes) of it. They had 2000 rounds of 9mm (Winchester 100 rnd value packs $24.00, which I took 3 boxes) and 1000 rounds of 45 ACP. I thought I saw a case of .223 also (not sure though). 
    Black Wolf Defense Firearms Training
    www.azccwclasses.com
    www.blackwolfccw.com
    (623) 694-0377
    Email: info@azccwclasses.com

Black Wolf CCW

• Black Wolf Defense
    « Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 08:30:55 am »
    ^^^^ SCORE!!! And tax deductable for you, I'd bet!
    Yep.
    Going back to see what is left (be by there anyways).
    www.azccwclasses.com
    www.blackwolfccw.com
    (623) 694-0377

SurpShot

• Proud Defender of History's Patriots
    « Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 08:43:05 am »
    Just came from a Walmart Glendale and they had 2000 rounds of 22lr that just came in. It was all CCI Mini Mag (100 round boxes $7.96), the guy did not know about any limit, so I bought up 1000 rounds (10 boxes) of it. They had 2000 rounds of 9mm (Winchester 100 rnd value packs $24.00, which I took 3 boxes) and 1000 rounds of 45 ACP. I thought I saw a case of .223 also (not sure though).

Which one?

edit: glendale.....just saw that.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

Harm

• Devils Advocate Recoil Junkie Loctite Applicator
    • Administrator
    « Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 08:49:37 am »
    I'm gonna have to start making the wall mart rounds - someone always beats me to the punch in Maricopa.
    I know where my towel is.

SurpShot

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 09:26:04 am »
    Just ran to surprise prasada after reading this.....nothing. Few boxes of 45's and a couple bulk boxes of .38. No 9mm or 22lr. Shelves were empty as usual. Will try again around 5pm.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

Black Wolf CCW

• Black Wolf Defense
    « Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 10:15:35 am »
    I just got back and it was all gone. My Buckeye Walmart just went thru 1000 22lr and 2000 9mm about a half hour before I got there (I was there at 830am).
    www.azccwclasses.com
    www.blackwolfccw.com
    (623) 694-0377

Black Wolf CCW

• Black Wolf Defense
    « Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 10:16:17 am »
    There was still two 100 packs of 45 ACP and 1 box of 40.
    www.azccwclasses.com
    www.blackwolfccw.com
    (623) 694-0377

Harm

• Administrator
    « Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 09:51:38 pm »
    I did empty my local Wal-Mart out of 00 Buck tonight.  Not so much fun but practical. 

Dabbott

• dabbottphoto.com
    « Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 12:09:48 pm »
    With your Wal-Mart scores,  is there a certain time of day you're finding works better? I would guess early in the morning would be best. What are you all finding? My Wal Mart here in Flag is 24-hour, maybe a 4 or 5am run one day when they've got their shipments would get me something...
    "I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it." -Clint Eastwood

SirJesster

• Threadkiller
    • I am El Guapo Gordo!
    « Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 01:09:29 pm »
    With your Wal-Mart scores,  is there a certain time of day you're finding works better? I would guess early in the morning would be best. What are you all finding? My Wal Mart here in Flag is 24-hour, maybe a 4 or 5am run one day when they've got their shipments would get me something...

when they receive their shipments does not necessarily have anything to do with when they stock their ammo cabinet. the other day i was in wm by my home around dinner time. the guy working sporting goods rolled up with a shopping cart with maybe 2-3 cases of random ammo. looked like some military buckshot and some other stuff. nothing i was particularly interested in. i think they just get around to it whenever they feel like it.
    Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon.

DesertValleyFirearms

• Shooting....It's a Zen thing.
      • Mesa Firearms Store Desert Valley Firearms
    « Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 03:18:15 pm »
    Saw some .22 and 9mm when I went shopping the other day..... It was on the side of a Milk Carton with the word missing above it.  *groan*

altsehastiin

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 03:24:15 pm »
    I was in the local Sportsman's Warehouse yesterday.  They get their weekly shipments on Thursday, put them out after close on Thursday night, then sell out on Friday morning. 

I was asking what they got to determine if I wanted to come back Friday morning, just in case they had something that I absolutely needed to have.  They didn't, so I asked whether they had gotten any bricks of .22lr.  The cute girl behind the gun counter said, "nope.  All we got was 12 100rnd boxes."

Sportsman's entire weekly shipment of .22 was 1200 rounds in 100 rnd boxes.   :facepalm

428CJ

• Contributor
    « Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 03:55:22 pm »
    I was up at Bruno's the other day. They did have 22 ammo, but it was the high buck target stuff.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast

Harm

• Administrator
    « Reply #17 on: February 22, 2013, 06:23:57 pm »
    Sportsmans in Mesa is no bueno on a Friday AM - I was there at 11 am this morning and they didn't have anymore than they did last night. 

Sorry the only prices I got were for 10mm ($28.99 per 20)

1 box of 30-06 target loads

only bulk stuff they had was in 50rd boxes
    38 spcl
    45 acp

lot of hunting ammo, 270, 243, 22-250 etc. 

SurpShot

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2013, 06:40:23 am »

The guys at the surprise store on 303 and waddell always have me come in at 5pm. That seems to be the time they roll out any stock they have.
    - George Washington

capcyclone

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2013, 01:06:31 pm »
    I concur on the thumbs down for the Happy Valley WalMart.  It has a sizable outdoor section too - but they get skipped when it comes to ammo for sure.   :facepalm

Dabbott

• dabbottphoto.com
    « Reply #20 on: February 25, 2013, 09:53:35 am »
    Wal-Mart up here in Flag said they get shipments every day except Mon and Thurs, shipments come in around 4pm but not sure when they get around to stocking the stuff. The girl behind the counter was pretty ticked off about the store manager being an idiot on top of it all, so it looks like I won't be going shooting for a verrrry long time  :'(

2nd Amendment Firearms

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2013, 10:05:57 am »
    Natchezss has CCI Mini Mags in stock. Limit 500 rounds per customer per day. Price is about 7 cents a round. not too terrible considering some other prices out there. I just order 500 rounds.

http://www.natchezss.com/Ammo.cfm?contentID=productDetail&brand=CC&prodID=CC0030&src=ppj&utm_source=pj&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=49133
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Cyris

• Beer and Bullets
    « Reply #22 on: February 25, 2013, 10:20:31 am »
    Closer to 8 cents/round, but still not half bad. I would buy some, but shipping is 18 bucks?! With a 500 round limit, I can't bring myself to do it =(
    .:Cyris

If you want to protect your Right to Keep and Bear Arms in Arizona, then you want to join the Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL)

2nd Amendment Firearms

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2013, 10:47:15 am »
    Ya shipping brings it up to around 11-12 cents per round. but thats still cheaper than buying from other places right now that actually have ammunition. Now if these were remington bricks, 12 cents a round is not worth it. But since these, being CCI mini mags, I decided it was worth it.
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln

capcyclone

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2013, 08:04:21 pm »
    I knew I should have set aside time earlier today to get on AZGO.  I read this post far too late to have a shot at any of this at Natchez.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement