Username: Password:

Author Topic: BLM Fire Restrictions  (Read 169 times)

grayland

BLM Fire Restrictions
« on: Yesterday at 11:52:54 am »
I just saw on another site that the BLM has lifted the fire danger target shooting restrictions on BLM land.

I have checked the BLM sites and can find nothing to confirm this..in fact it is still clearly stated that target shooting (among other things) is not allowed.

I really can't imagine why the restrictions would be lifted at this time.  It has not improved.  Most likely the other site was lip flapping.

Am I missing something.
NRA Member
AZCDL Member
CCW
2A Supporter for over 60 years

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

RJ

Re: BLM Fire Restrictions
    « Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 12:10:33 pm »
    I just saw on another site that the BLM has lifted the fire danger target shooting restrictions on BLM land.

Hey you just have the one blm confused with the real blm, so go ahead fire on the blm, but the land is a no go :whistle :rotfl :thumbup
    just saying

Brlux

« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 12:28:06 pm »
    In AZ BLM lands are divided up in to 4 districts, The Gila District dropped fire restrictions July 30 all others have fire and shooting restrictions. You can click each of the 4 districts to see their fire restrictions here.
    https://www.blm.gov/programs/public-safety-and-fire/fire-and-aviation/regional-info/arizona/fire-restrictions

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 12:35:05 pm »
    I called the local BLM office and just got a recording....but I left a message and a nice lady called me back and told me I was free go shooting on BLM land.  Very nice and coooperative.
    "Does your dog bite"?   Grrrrrr
    "He is not my dog"!

delta6

« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 06:08:51 pm »
    I called the local BLM office and just got a recording....but I left a message and a nice lady called me back and told me I was free go shooting on BLM land.  Very nice and coooperative.

Well, if you are in the Hassayampa, Arizona Strip or Sonoran Desert Districts..well.... this is on their website. If in the Gila District, you're good to go.

PHOENIX DISTRICT
    Office: 623-580-5500
    Dispatch: 928-777-5700 (24 hours)
    Dispatch Website: Prescott Interagency Fire Center

Hassayampa Field Office
    Agua Fria National Monument
    Lower Sonoran Field Office
    Sonoran Desert National Monument
    FIRE RESTRICTIONS
    The following acts are prohibited until further notice:

Building or using a fire, campfire, charcoal broiler, or wood stove. Use of propane and petroleum-fueled stoves, lanterns or heating devices is currently allowed.
    Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site/improved site or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials.
    No discharging a firearm (no target shooting or other shooting) outside of taking game in accordance with Arizona hunting laws in hunting season.

ARIZONA STRIP DISTRICT
    Arizona Strip Field Office
    Vermilion Cliffs National Monument
    Grand Canyon-Parashant National Monument
    Office: 435-688-3200
    Dispatch: 435-865-4600 or
    Report a Wildfire: 435-865-4611
    Dispatch Website: Color Country Interagency Fire Center

FIRE RESTRICTIONS
    UPDATED October 15, 2020 -- The following acts are prohibited until further notice:

1. Building maintaining, attending, or using a fire, campfire, charcoal, coal, or wood stove including fires in developed campgrounds or improved sites.

2. Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building.

3. Discharging a firearm except while engaged in a lawful hunt pursuant to state, federal, or tribal laws and regulations.

4. Mechanical and Industrial Prohibitions:

a. Operating any internal combustion engine without a spark arresting device properly installed, maintained and in effective working order as determined by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) recommended practices J335 and J350. Refer to Title 43 CFR 8343.1.

b. Welding, or operating acetylene or other torch with open flame.

c. Using an explosive.

2020 FIRE PREVENTION ORDER # AZ-100-20-2 - Updated Oct. 2020

CMore

« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 09:03:51 pm »
    Someone told me I was not allowed to have a fire in my steel fire pit in my yard.  Do any of you know if that is true?  I have a large steel pit with a  screened cover on it plus my yard is mostly dirt anyway... I am miles from any town off the 89 in Yavapai.
    K1CJM

Brlux

« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 09:34:33 pm »
    I think Yavapai county has a county wide fire ban on all private and public lands.

https://www.dcourier.com/news/2020/aug/10/yavapai-county-again-imposes-countywide-fire-ban/

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement