Username: Password:

Author Topic: Trail Cams  (Read 379174 times)

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
Re: Trail Cams
« Reply #5125 on: April 21, 2017, 09:50:54 am »
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. – Ronald Reagan

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5126 on: April 21, 2017, 09:51:25 am »
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. – Ronald Reagan

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
  • eccentric orbit
« Reply #5127 on: April 21, 2017, 11:06:35 pm »
That seems to be a favorite spot for those guys.  I think you've posted probably close to a dozen pics of the foxes all within a few feet of that spot. 
"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. A lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." 

Robert A. Heinlein ,  Friday

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5128 on: April 22, 2017, 05:08:24 am »
It is a favorite spot for them...because of all the rats there.  These rocks provide a veritable fortress for pack rats and mice. The crevices are in the hundreds and provide a home or at least a quick hiding spot from predators.  They keep the cameras going with their scurrying around all night long and burn up a ton of batteries but they bring in the predators.

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5129 on: April 22, 2017, 09:51:39 am »
Just one of 35 rat pictures from this one cam last night.

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
  • eccentric orbit
« Reply #5130 on: April 22, 2017, 01:44:31 pm »
Ah yes .  .  . the hi def rat cam.   :-P
"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. A lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." 

tucson.don

« Reply #5131 on: April 24, 2017, 07:04:44 pm »
Just one of 35 rat pictures from this one cam last night.

Now you can do some evening shooting.  Nice photo.

coyotesfan97

• Paws before boots!
  • Administrator
« Reply #5132 on: April 24, 2017, 10:00:53 pm »
Three of the tricksters (that I saw) mountain biking in Usury Park today. I rode right into their midst and they left pretty quick. Pics kind if suck but it's maximum zoom on my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.  Thucydides 471BC

"Hey!  Let's be careful out there." Sgt Phil Esterhaus played by Michael Conrad

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
  • eccentric orbit
« Reply #5133 on: April 24, 2017, 10:06:34 pm »
Last pic looks like a young one. 

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5134 on: April 29, 2017, 07:51:57 am »
He did look young for sure.

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5135 on: April 29, 2017, 07:52:29 am »

This guy stopped by the waterhole.

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5136 on: April 29, 2017, 07:53:50 am »

brandyspaw

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5137 on: April 29, 2017, 07:59:28 am »
The old watering hole really has been a good return of investment.
"When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Thomas Jefferson

"Most of my money has gone for guns, cars and guitars.  The rest I just wasted."

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5138 on: April 29, 2017, 11:21:41 am »
It sure has Bill. I have been thinking about tearing it our and putting something more permanent in.

brandyspaw

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5139 on: April 29, 2017, 12:14:43 pm »
Well, I don't know, it does seem to serve its purpose as is and the animals are certainly used to it.
"When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Thomas Jefferson

"Most of my money has gone for guns, cars and guitars.  The rest I just wasted."

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
  • eccentric orbit
« Reply #5140 on: April 29, 2017, 09:21:59 pm »
He might even get it to stay put now that it has that big old rock in it .  .  .   ;-)

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5141 on: May 03, 2017, 08:40:42 pm »
This guy spots a packrat and pounces.

And as you can see from another camera he is successful.

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5142 on: May 04, 2017, 09:11:06 am »
I have been seeing this mom coyote around a lot...looks like she has had her puppies already.

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5143 on: May 04, 2017, 09:17:28 am »

At least they did not try to eat the water pan this time.

870policemag

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5144 on: May 04, 2017, 09:52:55 am »
This guy spots a packrat and pounces.

And as you can see from another camera he is successful.

It's funny how they wiggle their rear before they pounce just like a house cat.
Bullets are the only things that do their job only after they're fired.

brandyspaw

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5145 on: May 04, 2017, 06:29:06 pm »
At least they did not try to eat the water pan this time.

No wonder you've been wanting to re-do the water pan in steel. 

They munch through drips lines like potato chips so I guess that shouldn't be a surprise what they can do to a rubber pan like that.
Thomas Jefferson

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5146 on: May 05, 2017, 05:54:00 am »
I have two pans placed inside each other...I still think their little cloven hoofs could punch through it.
These guy were milling around in the yard forever.

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
  • eccentric orbit
« Reply #5147 on: May 07, 2017, 12:03:23 am »
Do they make any noise when they're all bunched up like that?   :hmm

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5148 on: May 07, 2017, 04:50:16 am »
They make a lot of noise more often than not.  Fighting, arguing or just nudging each other.  I will say that the big males are very gentle and considerate with the babies.  I am surprised their sounds weren't picked up by the cam but they are not always.

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5149 on: May 07, 2017, 04:08:13 pm »

This guy came up the front yard trail and wasn't quite sure where he wanted to go.