Username: Password:

Author Topic: Trail Cams  (Read 370565 times)

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
  • eccentric orbit
Re: Trail Cams
« Reply #5150 on: May 07, 2017, 08:04:35 PM »
Leftovers or call out for pizza .  .  .  decisions, decisions .  .  .   ;-)
"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. A lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." 

Robert A. Heinlein ,  Friday

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5151 on: May 08, 2017, 07:42:29 AM »
This guy was coming around the side of the house at sunset.

We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. – Ronald Reagan

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5152 on: May 08, 2017, 08:10:37 AM »
That's a very high and likely inaccurate temperature reading.
Have you considered the possibility that pathological narcissism is genetic?

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
  • eccentric orbit
« Reply #5153 on: May 08, 2017, 09:45:53 PM »
It was probably accurate inside the camera body considering the angle of the sun .  .  .   :coffee
"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. A lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." 

brandyspaw

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5154 on: May 08, 2017, 11:30:57 PM »
Who really cares about the temp reading on the camera when you get a cool cat pic like that.
"When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Thomas Jefferson

"Most of my money has gone for guns, cars and guitars.  The rest I just wasted."

GTGallop

• KG7NDC
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5155 on: May 09, 2017, 06:00:47 AM »
Early this morning this guy meandered up on the front porch.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0CmBq_jWUBzdk1vVTM5eThUams/view?usp=sharing
The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.

Once we as a society lose that affinity we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5156 on: May 09, 2017, 08:56:28 AM »
You sure the time is right on the video...???
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. – Ronald Reagan

GTGallop

• KG7NDC
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5157 on: May 09, 2017, 09:39:51 AM »
You sure the time is right on the video...???

YUP!
Why does it look off?

Once we as a society lose that affinity we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
  • eccentric orbit
« Reply #5158 on: May 09, 2017, 02:54:01 PM »
Its beginning to get light at my house by about 5:00AM this week.  I think nautical twilight began just before the time stamp on the video.   :hmm

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5159 on: May 09, 2017, 03:56:52 PM »
I think we should use "evening civil twilight" in its truest form when referencing time on these pictures.
Of course I really don't and there is no issue with the time on GTs video which I enjoyed.
I was just trying to make a subtle point... which I obviously failed at it looks like.

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
  • eccentric orbit
« Reply #5160 on: May 09, 2017, 04:04:52 PM »
Ahh .  .  .  subtlety is lost on me today - its already happy hour.    :beer   

GTGallop

• KG7NDC
  • Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5161 on: May 09, 2017, 07:12:46 PM »
I think we should use "evening civil twilight" in its truest form when referencing time on these pictures.
Of course I really don't and there is no issue with the time on GTs video which I enjoyed.
I was just trying to make a subtle point... which I obviously failed at it looks like.

During the afternoon the sun puts harsh light on the porch.  Bright spots and dark shadows.  People coming up were just silhouettes.  So I tweaked the settings on the cam a few weeks back to give less contrast and more brightness in the shadows.  The compromise was less overall picture quality and more definition during that odd time of day.  Also - behind the flag you can see waving a little in the top of the frame is a street light and the people at the end of the culdesac have some bright lights.

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5162 on: May 12, 2017, 05:36:33 PM »

These guys completely emptied the water hole and loitered around munching on the weeds.

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5163 on: May 13, 2017, 08:16:32 AM »

brandyspaw

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5164 on: May 13, 2017, 10:13:22 AM »
Really like those bobcat pics.  They just get better and better.
"When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Thomas Jefferson

"Most of my money has gone for guns, cars and guitars.  The rest I just wasted."

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
  • eccentric orbit
« Reply #5165 on: May 13, 2017, 11:15:39 PM »
Yup, and he's got the best herd of deer in the neighborhood .  .  .   ;-)

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5166 on: May 15, 2017, 05:27:29 AM »

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5167 on: May 15, 2017, 07:04:56 AM »

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
  • eccentric orbit
« Reply #5168 on: May 15, 2017, 08:26:46 PM »
At least you got the good looking side in that last video.   ;-)

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5169 on: May 18, 2017, 09:41:30 AM »
It's a toss up which end is better.

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5170 on: May 18, 2017, 09:42:07 AM »

Not sure what this guy ran into but it wasn't good.

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5171 on: May 18, 2017, 09:48:32 AM »

I caught a rat in a trap and tried to recycle him but this guy was way to suspicious.

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5172 on: May 18, 2017, 09:49:40 AM »

He would not touch it.

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
  • eccentric orbit
« Reply #5173 on: May 18, 2017, 08:40:34 PM »
Yup - they are very wary.  As for the other one - that is one nasty looking wound.  I'm wondering what he tangled with.   :hmm

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5174 on: May 26, 2017, 04:52:15 AM »
I was thinking another coyote or perhaps a javelina. Really anyone's guess. 
I am stuck here outside of Detroit and have been for the last 4 days.  Rained every day and solid overcast...be good to fly home to AZ on Sunday.