Username: Password:

Author Topic: Trail Cams  (Read 379171 times)

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
  • eccentric orbit
Re: Trail Cams
« Reply #5400 on: October 06, 2017, 11:22:21 am »
Great stuff.  Everybody looks pretty healthy at this point. 
"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. A lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." 

Robert A. Heinlein ,  Friday

brandyspaw

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5401 on: October 06, 2017, 01:36:33 pm »
More cameras on the rocks as they like to get up high there and yip yip yeowl at night.  Still have a cam on the porch. 

Yeah, its just that I hadn't seen as many pics of the animals, especially the coyotes, doing their dance on the "main stage" of your front steps lately.  And, yes they likely prefer those rock outcroppings more since its a higher ground plus more nooks and crannies for an occasional snack to pop up.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 01:38:41 pm by brandyspaw »
"When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Thomas Jefferson

"Most of my money has gone for guns, cars and guitars.  The rest I just wasted."

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5402 on: October 06, 2017, 01:43:42 pm »
They are changing their habits some..like they do every time we have a subtle shift in the weather..except the ever present oinkers.  I think he wanted to eat the camera.

We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. – Ronald Reagan

brandyspaw

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5403 on: October 06, 2017, 04:14:59 pm »
They are changing their habits some..like they do every time we have a subtle shift in the weather..except the ever present oinkers.  I think he wanted to eat the camera.

Hey, they eat everything else so that's no surprise.  Actually I'm surprised they haven't tried to chew up that water bowl since they seem to like to chew up drip lines and fittings on a regular basis.
"When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Thomas Jefferson

"Most of my money has gone for guns, cars and guitars.  The rest I just wasted."

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5404 on: October 06, 2017, 08:01:50 pm »
I was reading the other day that when a javelina gives birth she takes it away from the herd for day or two lest it be extended. Even afterward only the females of the herd are allowed close to it.
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. – Ronald Reagan

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5405 on: October 11, 2017, 11:30:54 am »
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 11:34:38 am by Guy1az »

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5406 on: October 11, 2017, 12:28:48 pm »

brandyspaw

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5407 on: October 11, 2017, 09:22:47 pm »

Cool shot of the "real" owner of the house surveying his domain.
Thomas Jefferson

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5408 on: October 12, 2017, 07:55:58 am »
Yes I am just the caretaker.

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5409 on: October 12, 2017, 07:56:24 am »

brandyspaw

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5410 on: October 12, 2017, 08:53:19 am »
Yes I am just the caretaker.

Yup, that's likely the only reason the animals let you stay there.

Seriously, those are some really cool bobcat pics.
Thomas Jefferson

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5411 on: October 14, 2017, 12:50:10 pm »
I like to see the little ones.

brandyspaw

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5412 on: October 14, 2017, 02:08:39 pm »
Yeah the baby javelinas are cute.  The older ones----not so much.
Thomas Jefferson

FreeInAZ

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5413 on: October 14, 2017, 03:15:54 pm »
I burned / over baked a batch of peanut butter cookies once. Who loves peanut butter cookies? Turns out javelinas do. We had a family behind our house and the baby was happy to get them. I don't usually feed them but my little girl saw them (she was 5 back then) and I couldn't say no. ;) She still talks about how cool it was to see the baby so close.

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
  • eccentric orbit
« Reply #5414 on: October 15, 2017, 10:32:22 am »
Yeah the baby javelinas are cute.  The older ones----not so much.
Yeah,  they said the same thing about me .  .  .    ;-)
"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. A lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." 

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5415 on: October 15, 2017, 11:07:03 am »
Something killed something else among the rocks and these guys showed up to clean up the remains.

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5416 on: October 15, 2017, 11:08:19 am »

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5417 on: October 15, 2017, 11:26:44 am »

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5418 on: October 15, 2017, 11:27:15 am »

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
  • eccentric orbit
« Reply #5419 on: October 15, 2017, 11:45:30 am »
Maybe the best coyote videos yet.   :thumbup   Looks like a couple of young ones. 

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5420 on: October 16, 2017, 09:55:04 am »

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5421 on: October 16, 2017, 10:17:12 am »
Making the rounds just checking things out.

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5422 on: October 16, 2017, 10:18:17 am »
Good to see the Gray Foxes back.

coelacanth

• Sr. Contributor
  • eccentric orbit
« Reply #5423 on: October 16, 2017, 10:52:14 am »
Nice.   :thumbup    Those are some agile, wary creatures.  I'm glad to see one actually on a video instead of just a still shot. 

LuckyLeaky

• Sr. Contributor
« Reply #5424 on: October 16, 2017, 06:00:46 pm »
I like the foxes.. it’s not something you see all the time... you have been getting some amazing shots lately... did you move some cameras around to get better angles??
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life... -Winston Churchill

Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.