Username: Password:

Author Topic: Norinco SKS  (Read 7754 times)

alman

Norinco SKS
« on: January 07, 2014, 02:30:58 pm »
Finally picked me up a SKS that was not priced like an AK . Norinco 1976 vintage . Nice shape .  Ill post up some better pics once I clean it up . Been in the dudes safe since 2000 or so  . Can't wait to shoot it  :yes
"THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over"   
-Hunter S. Thompson

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

Thernlund

• Administrator
    • AZGO Founder
    Re: Norinco SKS
    « Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 02:37:20 pm »
    NICE!!   :thumbup

-T.

ItWasntMe

• Known Agitator
    • Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 03:08:06 pm »
    That thing looks awesome. Extremely good shape. :woot
    Have you considered the possibility that pathological narcissism is genetic?

Guy1az

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 03:19:15 pm »
    Good buy .
    "Does your dog bite"?   Grrrrrr
    "He is not my dog"!

thedemonapostle

• Aim low, shoot high.
    « Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 03:39:27 pm »
    There is no courage in pulling a trigger, pushing a button or doing as you're told. The real courage is standing for what you believe, regardless of the consequences.

The universe is vast, and we are so small. In the end, there is only one thing we can truly control. Whether we are good, or evil.

alman

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 04:18:15 pm »
    Thanks for the links  :thumbup
    "THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over"   
    -Hunter S. Thompson

AK47RND

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 04:41:41 pm »
    Nice find...it looks like its in great shape!  :thumbup
    "You Can't Move Forward, Until You Know Where You Are"

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Misfire51

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 08:23:05 pm »
     Nice find , Have a friend who has one sittin in a closet since the 90s  :annoyed grrr, I'am workin on him.
    Tony / Mighty Arms

tknoll

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 08:34:28 pm »
    I remember in the early 90's just before the Brady Bill went on line, you could get a Norinco for $69.00. I waited a couple of years and bought a Russian one for $119.00. Traded it away a couple of years ago. they are a blast!
    "I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns!!!"

davycrockettfv

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 10:21:39 pm »
    I just acquired a Norinco about 6 weeks ago.  Sadly, no original wood stock and the front sight piece is missing.  So I went ahead and threw an ATI on it.  Great fun to shoot.  I don't think it had ever been cleaned and still fired 100 rounds with no problem.  Great buy!

alman

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2014, 08:09:44 am »
    davy ,
    Don't know if you're looking but AJI in AJ had a couple SKS wood stocks in there about a week ago . I want to say they were in good shape an about $20.00 .
    Al
    -Hunter S. Thompson

davycrockettfv

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 05:21:21 pm »
    Thanks for the heads up.  I'll have to check it out.  Although after firing that ATI stock I'm really loving the added control I have... Can't resist a good "Bubba" gun I guess   :-\

Craig010

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2014, 07:44:12 pm »
    Nice looking Norinco.  I've got one that looks nice like that, but have another that looks like it was floated here behind a sampan.   Should be a good shooter for you.  Despite some bad pr, they are pretty solid shooters.  ~Craig
    Craig King
    King's Armory, LLC
    Sierra Vista, AZ  85635
    http://www.kingsarmory.biz
    Glock Certified Armorer

thedemonapostle

• Aim low, shoot high.
    « Reply #13 on: January 11, 2014, 08:14:42 pm »
    i put the monte carlo wood stock by timbersmith on my type 56 sks. works pretty darn good too.
    There is no courage in pulling a trigger, pushing a button or doing as you're told. The real courage is standing for what you believe, regardless of the consequences.

The universe is vast, and we are so small. In the end, there is only one thing we can truly control. Whether we are good, or evil.

alman

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2014, 10:18:22 pm »
    Ran 80 flawless rounds through it today .  To say it was a fun gun to shoot would be an epic understatement  :happydance
    -Hunter S. Thompson

davycrockettfv

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2014, 10:32:13 pm »
    Aren't they though  :woot

JarheadAZ

• Contributor
      • Greg Langelius *
    « Reply #16 on: March 03, 2016, 11:19:59 am »
    I bought a Norinco SKS in the '90's and did my first glassbedding experiment on it.

I then used it in a few National Match Courses out to 300yd to accrue sufficient practice to qualify for the DCM Garand Purchase program. It shot pretty well for an SKS.

Greg
    Not lookin' to be in a gunfight, but if you find yourself mixed up in one, it might be kinda nice to have a gun...

"Faint heart never filled a flush" - Brett Maverick

Good marksmanship is no accident - JarheadNY

qkarl

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2016, 07:28:29 pm »
    I love sks's, they are pretty sweet guns, more refined-looking than other Russian guns IMHO.

Dr. Football

• Contributor
    • "Your Brighter then dead Lightbulb"-My Father.....
    Norinco SKS
    « Reply #18 on: March 03, 2016, 10:20:38 pm »
    My one and only Sov. Block Gun is an SKS I got from a friend last year with the ATI stock and a 4X32 Rubber armored Scope. Got a few 20 (5) and 2-30 Rd Mags....would love to get one of the 75 Rd drums....

RetroG

• Contributor
    « Reply #19 on: March 04, 2016, 11:33:32 pm »
    Unfortunately the Norinco SKS I had patterned like a shotgun, had a heavy, slightly gritty trigger, and did not have a good engagement between the trigger and sear - you could lightly rap the stock on the ground and it would "fire" (not sure how that particular combination came about).

I sold it to a guy for more than I had in it after disclosing its issues.

alman

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2016, 08:30:19 am »
    Prices on these have really got out of hand lately  :shocked
    -Hunter S. Thompson

JarheadAZ

• Contributor
      • Greg Langelius *
    « Reply #21 on: September 01, 2016, 04:28:04 pm »
    A couple of years back when I was still in NY and visiting a LGS, I caught a delivery of Yugo M59/66A1's and snapped one up on the spot. Rifle was (and remains) coated in cosmoline. Sometime in the next year, I intend to clean it down to the pores and cycle several stripper clips of Russian FMJ through it.

..Just to get the feel of it...

I have a Tech Sight handy but am not quite ready to bubbafy a pristine 59/66A1.

I also have a 90's period Norinco that I've mentioned elsewhere that is so bubbafied the Tech Sight can only be an improvement, but there's a second sight for that one, too.

Greg
    Not lookin' to be in a gunfight, but if you find yourself mixed up in one, it might be kinda nice to have a gun...

Airborne

• Lurker
    « Reply #22 on: September 24, 2016, 05:10:05 am »
    I bought my Norinco SKS about 1995 or 96. It was actually a trade for some labor for the gun shop owner. I got it for $85 worth of labor, and it was full of cosmoline. I have a friend that used to be a gunsmith that came over and showed me/helped me clean it up.

I will post a couple of pictures of it as soon as I take some more. I had them on another computer that crashed and burned. It will be awhile before I get the chance to take more pictures, as we will be very busy after our move for awhile.

Ken

JarheadAZ

• Contributor
      • Greg Langelius *
    « Reply #23 on: September 24, 2016, 08:49:35 am »
    Ken;

Welcome aboard. I am newly moved to SE AZ, about 60 miles East of Tucson, arrived Memorial Day W/E. Our move-in is getting to the point where the shooting stuff gets finally unpacked and some setting-up is in progress.

What's your general location? If you are within an hour's drive, I'd like to share some brew with you. I'm an Old Cuss Jarhead from RVN in 1966-67.

I admire the AK's but they are not my basic style of shooting; the SKS is rather more to my taste. I like LR, but so far, I don't know where to go to do it. This, too, shall pass.

Greg

JarheadAZ

• Contributor
      • Greg Langelius *
    « Reply #24 on: September 25, 2016, 07:45:30 am »
    Ken;

I looked up St Johns, and we live on the same highway, 191. However, I live about 280 miles South of you.

Greg

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement