Username: Password:

Author Topic: Not happy with Midway USA  (Read 3388 times)

AIM9X

Not happy with Midway USA
« on: February 20, 2015, 09:14:38 am »
So, first a confession and apology. On Sunday morning, I participated in panic buying some M855 - two 420 rnd cans of Federal from Midway USA that I added onto an order of CCI .22 LR.  I got a "backordered" indication, but Midway has always been good about filling back orders eventually.

On Wednesday, I get an email from Midway indicating that they might not be able to fill my order because of the buying frenzy and ATF might prohibit further sales in March.  Ok, fair enough.  But the email also generously offers me first dibs on a 1000 rnd case of Swedish M855 for $0.50/rnd  :shocked

One day later, I get another email from AIM selling the same Swedish M855 for $0.40/rnd.

If Midway can't fill my order because they can't get the product from Federal on time, fine.  But it sort of rubs me the wrong way for them to offer me a replacement product at jacked up prices.

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement

Dark Sky Solutions

• I am Doc
    • Sr. Contributor
    • https://facebook.com/Dark-Sky-Solutions
      • Dark Sky Solutions
    Re: Not happy with Midway USA
    « Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 10:43:12 am »
    I won't do business or buy personal with companies like Cheaper Than dirt or Midway. Their history goes to show they profit from fear in the industry and their moral compasses are skewed.

Sorry you bought into the panic. Personally I don't shoot the M855 or the SS variant so I wasn't worried about buying any. I stick to 55gr for plinking and 77-90gr for longer range stuff. Plus I have been working with 300BO more and more. My loading partner and I actually started talking about trying to figure out how to make our own green tip rounds(not just painted) but that is a process of R&D
    Doc

Click our logo above to go to our Website

FreeInAZ

• Sr. Contributor
    • Klingons never bluff. nottojtlhInganpu'.
    « Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 10:45:48 am »
    ^^^THAT^^^ +1
    Better to die on our feet than live on our knees! "The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable." -Sun Tzu

Harm

• Devils Advocate Recoil Junkie Loctite Applicator
    • Administrator
    « Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 06:11:11 pm »
    Yeah I've been hearing from a lot of customers crap like that.  Of course they whine & have a temper tantrum that c we don't have any either.  But...
    I know where my towel is.

Son of Jared

• Contributor
    « Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 01:13:32 pm »
    Sorry you had the bad experience but I'm glad you shared it. I'll just add them to my "don't do business list".
    All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force... We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter.

Max Planck

jrleen

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 01:37:35 pm »
    I had made a .22 order during a buying craze In January last year....on back order. One of items popped up in June with email asking if OK to split delivery(added cost) ....of course before I answered (1 hour after email) it was out again. All my back orders just dropped a few weeks ago as they give back orders 1 year and then its canceled no asking you options. Shipping got pricey with them also over the last few years. I have shifted my on line buying to other places. They used to be a great source with some good deals ....not so much anymore.

samnev

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 03:11:26 pm »
    I wanted to order 500 168 grain AMax's from Midway. Shipping was almost $30. I finally ordered 2000 168 grain AMax and 2000 52 grain AMAX's from Powder Valley. Shipping was $31. That's why I do not order from them any longer.

Hawk Driver

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 01:35:26 pm »
    I am having a 7x64 built.  So, I ordered a set of RCBS neck sizing dies from Midway in Dec, knowing they would take a couple months to come in. 

The dies arrived a couple weeks ago, shipped in a flimsy plastic coated envelope.  The box was broken and the dies were rattling around in the envelope.  I contacted Midway and they said I would have to return them to get a new box.  Explained that all I wanted was a new box.

A few days later I sent an email stating that I was pretty pissed to pay $7.59 for shipping, only to have them stuck in a cheap envelope and the box broken.  Told them I didnt think I should have to wait another 2 months for them to come back.  Got a standard reply about how to return an item.  Never got an offer for a prepaid label to return, even though I asked.

Sent an email to the CEO and one to Customer Service, asking them to delete my account of almost 20 years.  I can spend my dollars elsewhere.

brandyspaw

• Sr. Contributor
    « Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 03:20:19 pm »
    Yeah, I recently found out their shipping costs do seem out of line with most of the industry.  They have their own line of gun bags/cases that I like but I hadn't ordered from them for quite some time.  I went to order a couple more cases and found that the shipping cost is almost the same as the price of the cases. I realize these are bulky items but the weight is relatively light and in checking other online retailers I found they really are out of line in their shipping costs.
    "When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    Thomas Jefferson

"Most of my money has gone for guns, cars and guitars.  The rest I just wasted."

ArizonaGunOwners.com

• Advertisement